What HW has been fired and/or rehired the most?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ann Marcus

Love Is A Many Splendored Thing

Search for Tomorrow

Days Of Our Lives

Love Of life

General Hospital

Henry Slesar

Edge of Night

Somerset

Search For Tomorrow

One Life To Live 

Capitol

Irving Vendig

Search For Tomorrow

Three Steps To Heaven

Edge of Night

Paradise Bay

Hidden Faces

Douglas Marland

The Doctors

General Hospital

As The World Turns

Guiding Light

Loving

As The World Turns

• Members

I definitely thought immediately of Dena Higley. She and DAYS have a dysfunctional, symbiotic relationship. One of them is reckless drunk Gary Ewing and the other is Valene trying desperately to clean up the mess, and I’m not sure which is which. 

Edited by juppiter

• Members

In the cases of writers like Dena Higley, Josh  Griffin, and “Lethal” Leah Laiman I always question the absurdity of rehiring a known problematic HW that had been fired in the past. No logic there whatsoever at all. Neither is letting go one HW and then they show up shortly afterward at soap owned by the same company (P&G, Sony, ABC). 

• Members

How many times was McTavish fired?  Three times from AMC, once from GL, once from GH.  Did she HW anywhere else?

Guza was also fired twice from GH as HW, and left a third time on his own (not counting his leave of absence when Pratt was there too).

• Members

Are some of them really 'fired' though? I feel like it some cases like McTrash with ABC that they just simply moved her around because she had a contract with ABC. Obviously she jumped to CBS then back to ABC, etc, but in certain cases aren't they just simply moving one HW around (like how P&G shuffled execs)

I think DAYS fans getting a petition to fire Dena Higley only for Corday to REHIRE HER takes the cake personally.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I think not having your contract renewed in this context is fired.  Looking up the dates, she often has a large enough gap between gigs that I think she was removed or let go by contract term for most tenures.

I do have a recollection of a planned relocation to GH with JFP though, like that one may have been more of a transfer than let go and rehired.  But she absolutely was fired from AMC three times.

Wasn’t she the one that got the show back on track for the last year?

Edited by titan1978

• Members

I’m not sure, but it did seem NBC probably had a hand some shuffling her around in the late 80’s until she was unceremoniously dumped by Days.

That reminds me of the Corrington’s. They had success at SFT in the late 70’s but it turned out to be a real flash in the pan as they plowed through multiple soaps in the 80s with multiple failures. The Corrington’s found success again with their courtroom show Superior Court but it was short lived due to John’s passing, and I don’t believe Joyce didn’t do anything daytime related again afterward.