LATEST RATINGS: June 8-12, 2020

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

WOW, Days really should be pulling in viewers during this time, what with the other 3 all airing repeats...It shows the current state of the show, which isn't great.  Wonder why does B&B only counts Wednesday and Friday episodes.

• Administrator

I don’t know.  It’s up to the networks to provide the numbers and I only report what I get. 

Also, just because the other three soaps aren’t airing, it doesn’t mean those soap viewers will start watching DAYS.  I think most off-liners are just fans of the show instead of the genre, unlike us on message boards who watch 2-4 soaps.  

• Members

Of course DAYS needs work, which I do believe is happening right about now, but can the drop in the ratings also be attributed to other ways of watching the episodes? Obviously, the ratings are going to go down when you create so many different ways for people to watch episodes at their own convenience.

• Members

I think when AMC and OLTL were cancelled people did sample and some stayed with the final four.  But these times are different.

Even for those of us die-hards.  I certainly did not start watching DAYS again just because it’s the only one left.  I’ve been watching Curlee’s GL and The Loving Murders when I would normally have some time for a soap.  I’ve also been watching as many vintage episodes of OLTL as I can find online, to see more of Carla, Karen, Jenny and Marco Dane.  Plus Y&R have given us plenty of vintage eps to enjoy.