Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soap Opera Network Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RIP: In Memoriam Thread

Featured Replies

  • Member

I don't know who keeps sharing it but I see it: stop using Archive Today and its affiliate URLs. They DDoS those who use them. It's dumb to keep using them.

  • Replies 4.4k
  • Views 866.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Thank you for the link @Vee I think most aren't too surprised by this, since her sister asked for prayers and she missed so many appearances (the last one, for Dollywood, she wore butterfly or angel w

  • Like the song says, you only get what you give; and Dolly Parton gave the world nothing but her purest, truest, most loving self. She was that rare celebrity or public figure whose appeal crossed so

  • AbcNbc247
    AbcNbc247

Posted Images

  • Member
  • Member

Incredibly sad about Dolly. She was singular and incredible in so many ways. Honestly, I wasn’t ready for this one.

  • Member
1 hour ago, Liberty City said:

I don't know who keeps sharing it but I see it: stop using Archive Today and its affiliate URLs. They DDoS those who use them. It's dumb to keep using them.

Thanks. I had no idea! Glad you spoke up. I won't link to them anymore.

  • Member

From Alyvia Alyn Lind (formerly Faith Newman on Y&R). Alyvia played Dolly Parton as a child in two Dolly movies.
https://www.instagram.com/p/DceX3Q2ldBH/
alyviaalind
I am truly at a loss for words. There are some people who come into your life and leave a mark that can never be erased. Dolly was one of those people.
I will forever be grateful that I had the privilege of knowing her, learning from her, and carrying a piece of her with me through such an important and formative part of my childhood. Getting to play Dolly changed my life, but getting to know her changed my heart. Memories, lessons, laughter, and a light that I will carry with me for the rest of my life.
The world will never be the same without her, but that light will live on in all of us who were lucky enough to experience it.
Thank you for believing in me, for teaching me, for letting me be a small part of your story, and for being such a meaningful part of mine.
Rest peacefully, Dolly. You will be missed more than words can ever say.
Thank you for everything. ❤️


  • Member

We've seen a lot of icons leave in the last few years, but this one hits especially hard. Off the top of my head the only ones that come even close are Dames Angela Lansbury and Maggie Smith. 😢

  • Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/DcegMLeklKu/

janefonda
I am devastated. I just learned that Dolly has moved on. I know that millions are mourning and I want to say this – more than anyone I have ever known, Dolly will always be with us because she was so present, so powerful, so generous and playful that she is woven into all our lives and hearts forever. We have our memories of her, her songs, Dollywood, “9to5,” the millions of books she got into the hands of children, all the iconic images that bring her to us. And they are
all blessings. Let’s be grateful for all that she has left us to ease our sadness now. I never knew anyone like her. She was simultaneously a naughty, playful southern gal from the hollows of
Tennessee and a deep, soulful thinker who could see through people right down to their true selves. She was many things…lyricist, songstress, player of many instruments, writer, prankster, visionary, loyal friend, who’d never go to bed before she and her friends had laughed so hard
they’d have to cross their legs.

She had a survivor’s instinct and seemed to always know just what to do, just what to say, to make things right...and then she’s stick her butt out the car window and moon Kenny Roger’s home. She was the voluptuous embodiment of empathy. That’s something of hers she’d want us
all to take with us.

To her gay and trans fans, I want you to know that she loved you. You know that without me telling you. She loved all her fans and they are legion. And you know she doesn’t want y’all to mourn now. Dress up and celebrate her spirit. But first, watch the final episode of Grace and Frankie where she’s an Angel, the head honcho working class angel in Heaven.

RIP, beautiful woman. We love you. ❤️

Edited by janea4old

  • Member
24 minutes ago, janea4old said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/DcegMLeklKu/

janefonda
I am devastated. I just learned that Dolly has moved on. I know that millions are mourning and I want to say this – more than anyone I have ever known, Dolly will always be with us because she was so present, so powerful, so generous and playful that she is woven into all our lives and hearts forever. We have our memories of her, her songs, Dollywood, “9to5,” the millions of books she got into the hands of children, all the iconic images that bring her to us. And they are
all blessings. Let’s be grateful for all that she has left us to ease our sadness now. I never knew anyone like her. She was simultaneously a naughty, playful southern gal from the hollows of
Tennessee and a deep, soulful thinker who could see through people right down to their true selves. She was many things…lyricist, songstress, player of many instruments, writer, prankster, visionary, loyal friend, who’d never go to bed before she and her friends had laughed so hard
they’d have to cross their legs.

She had a survivor’s instinct and seemed to always know just what to do, just what to say, to make things right...and then she’s stick her butt out the car window and moon Kenny Roger’s home. She was the voluptuous embodiment of empathy. That’s something of hers she’d want us
all to take with us.

To her gay and trans fans, I want you to know that she loved you. You know that without me telling you. She loved all her fans and they are legion. And you know she doesn’t want y’all to mourn now. Dress up and celebrate her spirit. But first, watch the final episode of Grace and Frankie where she’s an Angel, the head honcho working class angel in Heaven.

RIP, beautiful woman. We love you. ❤️

I was surprised and saddened by the news but Jane Fonda's words are what made me burst into tears.

There may never be another Dolly but I hope that perhaps in her memory we can keep her influence moving through the world.

  • Member

Dolly was such a sweet human being. I loved her music as well. She passed on my grandmother's birthday. May she rest in peace.

  • Member

Dolly. What a loss.

And now Jane Fonda has me crying again.

  • Member

NASA !

https://www.instagram.com/p/DceUF3qIAZT
nasagoddard
A stellar Coat of Many Colors for Dolly Parton, forever among the stars 💗

they added an Alt-text image description:
Colorful nebula in space with a white haze throughout that is more concentrated in the center with a rippling effect. Colorful gas filaments appear to splash outward from the nebula center, colored yellow, magenta, and blue. A faint black border with right angles at the corners of the images show where the telescope’s field of view stops. Small white stars dot the background.

Edited by janea4old

  • Member

It’s hard for me to imagine the world without Dolly. Dolly’s heart was as big as her talent. She was not only a great singer/song writer/actress/TV star, Dolly also lived her art. She used her art, her fame and her money to help so many people. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve thought to myself, “What would Dolly do?” She was a great role model for all of us. I hope she is in a place with Carl, her Mom and Dad and all her loved ones who’ve passed. She will be so missed. Rest in Peace Dolly.

FB_IMG_1787696810327.jpg

  • Member

Im absolutely floored … I’ve just gotten over Bonnie leaving us

RIP my darling Dolly

FB_IMG_1787698732648.jpg

  • Member

Not Dolly :( :( come on man

  • Member

Truly a one of a kind. Saw her in concert decades ago and that made me a life long fan.

"It takes a lot of money for me to look this cheap".

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.