Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soap Opera Network Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RIP: In Memoriam Thread

Featured Replies

  • Replies 4.4k
  • Views 866.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Thank you for the link @Vee I think most aren't too surprised by this, since her sister asked for prayers and she missed so many appearances (the last one, for Dollywood, she wore butterfly or angel w

  • Like the song says, you only get what you give; and Dolly Parton gave the world nothing but her purest, truest, most loving self. She was that rare celebrity or public figure whose appeal crossed so

  • AbcNbc247
    AbcNbc247

Posted Images

  • Member
On 9/18/2026 at 8:18 AM, Faulkner said:

Thank you for this. Now that I'm suitable recovered from finding it out as I was getting ready for work all I can say is what I said today...

I had gotten up and was getting ready for work when I saw the news about Duncan Sheik passing. While I'm aware that there was a whole generation who thought of SPRING AWAKENING when they heard that name and the whole theater community that he joined after his rise to fame in the music world, I just remember how he resonated with a boy who just got to college and was finding himself.

The song 'Barely Breathing' was everywhere. And his talent for finding good melodies and writing lyrics that resonated was already evident. I was a fan. And once the video for 'She Runs Away' came out, I was truly spellbound. There have been many times in my life when 'Barely Breathing' has appeared at...random?...when I need to deal with introspection...or needed to make major life decisions...or just being inspired by his artistry. He hit my English major/Theater minor/latent artist heart. So...I did not take his passing very well. I'm still not taking it well. After all it happened during yet another case of introspection on my current life choices. Irony hit. Heart struck. But at least...I've stopped crying.

RIP. Still processing.

  • Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/DdpHVnoPfBx/

msttunie

I know it’s not “ TUNIE TUESDAY” but today, for me, it’s “WEEPY WEDNESDAY.” It took me a few days to process the passing of the beloved singer, songwriter, composer DUNCAN SHEIK.

We met when o joined the producing team of SPRING AWAKENING, the brilliant, touching, Broadway experience changing, hit musical.

Duncan was kind, loving, SO humble, and you wanted to be exposed to his warmth and his smile. He stood up for right is right, as you can see from this photo from a PLANNED PARENTHOOD event years ago. Dr. Ruth fell in love with him.

“Rest in peace, sweet Duncan, and May flights of angels sing thee to thy rest”🕊️

  • Member

This is a tough one. RIP

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.