The Story of Soaps Primetime Special

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm appreciating the effort so far. I enjoy seeing some faces I haven't seen in some time, but those clips - wow some of these are so awful.

I remember back in the late 90s there was a special on soaps, I was young so I dont remember what channel it was on but it was similar in nature to this. I was hoping that this special would take a different perspective, but nonetheless it's nice to have something on soaps.

Yes, I also felt that way. It feels like there's no real direction and they're jumping around all over the place.

• Members

Although I appreciate the Luke & Laura significance in history personally I think Victor & Nikki outdid then and outlasted them a popular supercouple while Tom & Margo on ATWT despite all the ups and downs never once divorced. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

That segment on social issues got super intense with the loud “uplifting” music lol It feels like each segment was produced by a different group of interns or something.

For people wondering, the P&G soaps are going mostly unmentioned.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

Awww Tom and Margo!

I do appreciate the story or Luke and Laura and I appreciate that they address it later on. I think that it was a reflection of the time and it was a mistake, but I think they made it right by addressing it later on. 

• Members

Yep. Barely acknowledged. Aside from Julianne Moore, a few Reva clips, and the aforementioned Stephen Schnetzer.

Y&R and DAYS are getting a lot of love, but they are still on the air. Not much B&B love, though.

Edit: right when I posted that, Brad Bell appears as if on cue.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I was surprised to see Vivica, but I appreciate they got her on and even gave a nod to Generations.

I'm surprised Lisa Rinna didn't make an appearance considering Andy's on the special and Eileen and Denise who were or are also RHOBH castmembers were on.

Did anyone catch the couple that Andy mentioned as his favorite? 

• Members

If there's a silver lining with COVID, it's been a great time for classic soap fans. First y&r and b&b air classics, now this!

The documentary is very ADHD, unfocused and jumping from topic to topic without slowing down and focusing on a subject for too long.

Understandably the ABC dramas are getting the most airtime (because it's ABC). Surprised I haven't seen any of the super veterans like Bob, Kim, Nancy, or Lisa.

Despite that, it's hitting all the right bullet points when it comes to daytime's rise and demise and it's a fun watch so far!

Edited by ironlion