Maybe if we post our favorite Soap Opening Credits

• Members

I thought maybe it would make us all feel better and close together if we posted our favorite soap opening credit songs or openings.  

I found this today because I loved the Guiding Light theme and totally forgot it was recorded by Roberta Flack.  Hold on to Love.  If we do that, we're gonna make it y'all.  

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I know this topic pops up from time to time. In the last thread, I was introduced to the final opening of Love of Life, which has a lovely theme composed by Hagood Hardy, who did the Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea soundtracks.

• Members

Not my favorite period on the show, but I love this remix on Guiding Light’s 1990’ era theme.

Also loved the Days remix during the Salem Stalker/Melaswen.

One of my favorite versions of the General Hospital Faces of the Heart openings- 

• Members

I'm not a huge fan of the 80s ATWT theme, to be honest. I can't imagine tuning in when it debuted and having the original theme replaced by...that. It got a thousand times better with the new arrangement a few years later, but then it became synth garbage again in the late 80s.

The visuals were super basic - just the globe sliding across and then zooming out for the title card. The different nature shots in the letters for the 90s titles might have been random, but at least it did something. ATWT could have done that in the 80s with clips to match up with Edge of Night and GL.