Y&R to air classic episodes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks!

Please register in order to view this content

definitely makes it easier to keep track!  

I wonder if we will get some 1995 shows before the new episodes begin? They could have aired maybe Jack and Luan's wedding that aired on Feb 14, 1995. (if heaven forbid Bergman allowed that!) Nick and Sharon were featured quite a bit in the 94/96 episodes, but I could have done with some 1995 ones with them (mostly just to see other stories) 

• Members

No the date given was incorrect and it's March 23, 1993!

Please register in order to view this content

You would think with the fact that clearly Neil and Dru were on their honeymoon on "March 9th" and married on March 12th, they would give out the right info, but no...

@kalbir May 13, 05 is actually May 16! totally forgot to let you know! LOL 

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

It is for the best. Same with 2011 and 2015 lol!

Wow guess I hadn’t realized they hadn’t even touched 1995 yet. I’d say from that year Adam’s birth, Lily’s birth, Jill paying Mamie money to leave town, Matt’s shooting, Nathan’s affair and the chilling climax of the Blade/Rick reveal(Walton and Barton were brilliant!) would be highlights worth re-airing at least. The only ‘95 ep I know that has ever reaired was the Christmas ep that aired again on Christmas Day 2007. 

I wish we had seen more of ‘98 Y&R was definitely can’t miss that year. 

• Members

I like that they aired a lot of 1991, but 1992 was even better in a lot of ways (and zilch so far until next week’s farmhouse fire). Just little quibbles, as they’ve shown far less of the dire post-2006 stuff than I expected. (Even those 16 episodes are too much, but still, we’ve been well-served.) 

And the visual quality has been mostly faultless, save for the weird frame rate change on one of the ‘80s episodes. The poor quality of a couple of the earlier (still 21st-century) GH episodes makes you wonder how ABC might have botched true classics from the ‘70s-‘90s.

• Members

I loved the blade/Ashley/Rick/Mary Joe story and wish to see some episodes.. I remember the scene of Ashley (the wonderful and beautiful Brenda Epperson) lying in bed and receiving a devastating phone call regarding blade's accident and death. her reaction was so sad, she was truly shaken. poor Ashley! and quickly after left for Paris. 

• Members

Monday Aug 3 - CBS

(Friday July 31 - Global)

Episode #3492 from Dec 5, 1986.

We know it's Dec 5, 1986 (even though IMDB says Dec 4, 1986.)

Some soap outlets are saying 1996 -- off by a decade.
Not sure where this came from ....

if one of the soap outlets started it with a typo, or if the wrong date was in the CBS press release.

SOD says December 4, 1996.
https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/yr-brings-back-more-classic-episodes/

Soapcentral says December 4, 1996.

https://www.soapcentral.com/yr/news/2020/0730-yr_most_shocking_moments_week.php

Daytime Confidential says December 12, 1996.

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2020/07/30/shocking-moments-of-the-young-and-the-restless-are-on-deck-next-week

soaps.com used Dec 4, 1986.
(they seem to have used dates and descriptions that had appeared on messageboards)

https://soaps.sheknows.com/the-young-and-the-restless/spoilers/573357/young-restless-spoilers-august-3-through-7-2020/

Edit to add: cable guides

"ontvtonight.com/ca/guide"

lists Dec 4, 1996

titantv.com has the description but no original airdate.

zap2it.com lists DEC 4, 1996

tvguide.com lists 12-04-1996

Well then it must have come from CBS.

Edited by janea4old