Y&R December 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

One thing I'll say about Sussman: she actually paid attention and wrote to actors' strengths.  She knew AH could play the ice queen (marginally) better than she could play the weepy heroine, and she knew Daniel Goddard's Cane was more interesting as the heel than he was as Lily's perfectly perfect husband.

I just wish she'd known how to write actual stories for these characters, instead of just good scenes.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I was glad to see Fen return to town today. He is so cute and I missed him. I enjoyed his scenes with Michael/Lauren (including him thanking them for saving him and giving them a compass as a gift for guiding him). and also when him and Kyle greeted each other.

Kyle seemed happy to see him, though they were competing the last time around. I do think that Michael Mealor and Zach get along very well in real life and enjoyed acting with each other. It's a shame that Fen didn't stick around longer term, I think that him and Kyle could be good frenemies.

Also, Fen said he is currently in a halfway house. I wonder if the show may end up following up with that, if only mentioning stuff that may happen offscreen. He also mentioned tagging along with Lauren on a trip regarding Jabot, after he gets back on track. I do wonder what he may end up doing career wise after he gets out of the halfway house. It looks like his days of being a singer might be over with, and he dropped out of law school. I had wondered if some point he may end doing some work for Lauren regarding Fenmore's. Especially if he ever comes back to the show longer term. 

Also, I was glad to see Ashley show up today and I liked her hair. And it was nice to see Dina again, spending time with the Abbott family. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

It's great to see Zach Tinker/Fen back on Y&R (even if I STILL wish we could Fen something other than "Fen"), but I'm not getting my hopes up that Josh Griffith has story in mind for him.  He could disappear again next month, then we learn he's fallen off the wagon and nowhere to be found.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I thought that was a nice ending to today's show with Traci singing. And Dina being moved by it and her/the rest of the Abbotts joining in. (And also the montage featuring other characters like Michael/Lauren/Fen spending time together.) That was a nice touching family moment to end the show on. 

• Members

Seeing Fen was the highlight of today's show. If they want to go with the nonsense drug problem they could build a story where Fen is on drugs because he can't handle being gay and afraid of being outed. He could meet a guy and that guy be his dream man but his drug problem causing conflict between the two. 

• Members

I didn't care for Fen/Lola the last time around. I don't think they really had much chemistry. I thought they started out okay as friends, though she ended up using him to make Kyle jealous. (And so did Summer though Summer at least ended up apologizing to him for doing that.). I think they are going to have Lola continue to get closer to Theo. They are already texting each other and Kyle doesn't know about it. Plus, she's been giving him advice and Kyle hasn't really been aware of much of that. I still don't really like Lola, but I think she does have some chemistry with Theo.

I loved Fen/Ana together but I also think he has nice chemistry with Summer. If he stuck around, I wouldn't mind seeing the show revisit them. Especially since they broke up Summer/Theo. I have a feeling though he won't be around for very long. I did hear that Zach had been taping a bit more than I thought he would. So it looks like he will be around for maybe at least a couple more episodes. Maybe a little more than that. If he had stuck around long enough, Summer could have helped him with his recovery. 

There is also a  spoiler that says that:

Please register in order to view this content

But I'm not sure if that's about Fen or not. It may depend on how long he stays around and how the show uses him.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Another thing I wanted to address again (and this potential pairing was highlighted a little in today's), is that IMO Billy and Amanda really don't have much romantic chemistry. I don't really think they have any honestly. It feels like the show is trying to force them for some reason. I think that Amanda has really nice chemistry with Nate but the show isn't having them interact that much right now. And they are having Amanda prefer Billy who is in a committed relationship.

They were texting each other on today's show. It's like Amanda wants to start something romantically up with Billy, she did ask him if he was looking to have an affair. She wants him, yet fine looking single Nate who is into her and she has really nice chemistry with is right there. (Not to mention they would also be really pretty together). Okay..... lol. 

I see some people on Twitter, keep pushing for Amanda/Billy acting like they have a ton of chemistry. And I just don't see it. Now some of these people may genuinely see chemistry between them. But I think that others just don't want Amanda around Nate/Devon and that's why they are pushing this pairing so hard. I don't have any problem with Amanda with other men especially if she has chemistry with them,  (I had wondered if she might have chemistry with Nick or Adam).but I don't want to see something forced. I do think that JT is really trying to make something spark with him and Amanda, but I don't think there's anything really there.  

Edited by xtr