Y&R: December Spoilers

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I've been assuming it's Patrick Mulcahey. 

Seems like Mal Young was terminated in December of last year, so I figured Josh Griffith would get his walking papers this December. 

If there's a three-month extension on Griffith's contract, perhaps it's so that Mulcahey will have an opportunity to better research the show and its characters before diving in.   

• Members

Agree.

Don't get me wrong.  I'd KILL for Patrick Mulcahey to head-write for ANY show.  However, I just can't see TPTB granting him creative autonomy.  And even if they were to grant him autonomy, I've a feeling it wouldn't be too long before they'd go back on their word and begin to interfere with his stories.

OTOH, I wouldn't put it past TPTB to offer a sweetheart deal to Bob Guza. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Khan

• Members

It's no telling what horrible writer they've actually got their eyes on.   Whoever it is, I'm sure he or she is wretched.  

But it does seem mighty coincidental that an actual GOOD writer suddenly and inexplicably leaves a Bell soap, and publicly announces that he's not retiring, just when another Bell soap is in dire need of a good writer and the current headwriter's contract is about to expire.  

But I ain't getting my hopes up.     

• Members

Neither am I, lol.

Mulcahey didn't JUST write scripts, though.  He was also a story consultant, which (I assume) means he lent SOME support to Bradley Bell in mapping out long-term story.

But, like @Broderick said, I ain't getting my hopes up.  For all we know, Josh Griffith's replacement (should he get one) could be Dena Higley.  #shudder

Either the extension is to help the show transition to the next HW, or Josh has pitched a BIG story (in order to save his job, and his neck) and they're giving him one last chance to turn things around.

So, get ready, Y&R fans, 'cuz you're gonna love the BIG Chelsea/Phyllis/Sharon baby switch! 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Khan

• Members

I love how invested you guys still are in rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Headwriters and EPs don't matter on these shows anymore really. They're just warm bodies making sure that CBS has an hour of programming to fill 5 days a week.

• Members

Yeah, unfortunately. A new voice probably wouldn’t be empowered to make changes that would significantly improve the quality of the show. (We’ve been burned too many times to not realize that by now.) 

Still, Josh had carte blanche to bring back a gazillion of his pets. So at least someone new might provide a different perspective.