Y&R: December Spoilers

• Members

It's a parlour trick for me these days.  In the past, I used to want to "fix" this show, I'd put up storyline proposals and mini-pitches about what the show should do but I stopped doing that awhile ago.  Because it's fruitless. 

The other day, someone started a thread about what you would do if you were a HW of one of these soaps.  In the past, I would've gone to town in a thread like that.

Now, I could care less.

I've said this before-- no writer that truly cares about his or her longtime prospects wants to write for one of these remaining soaps. It's been this way for about fifteen years now. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Here are some upcoming spoilers, from soaps.com and SOD:

According to Soaps.com on tomorrow's show Victor will give Devon a file about Amanda. He will tell Devon that Amanda paid a company to erase her history and that is why he couldn't find anything about her online. Victor will say the stuff with the will is upsetting and Katharine was his friend. He says he will help Devon catch Colin and deal with Amanda if she was apart of the scheme. Kyle will also tell Jack he wants to be Co-CEO. Jack tells Kyle the plan is for him to eventually succeed Jack and they can draw up an agreement regarding that. But Kyle will want more right now. He will tell to Jack that he might walk, if Jack doesn't take him up on his suggestion. Jack agrees to try being Co-CEO with Kyle.

From SOD:

Victor will confide in Victoria and Jack will take control of Jabot, Phyllis will have revenge on her mind, Victor and Nikki will call a family meeting and Jack/Traci will bond with Theo. Nick will make a sacrifice for Chelsea and Paul/Christine's night with the Baldwins will take an unexpected turn. Elena will find out what Devon is hiding. She will open up a drawer and finds a file that Devon was hiding about Amanda. Elena will feel that Devon is being deceptive but that he also does not want to upset her.

Billy will also end back up at the dive bar and have another conversation with Amanda. He will end up joining in a card game. Josh says that Billy's behavior will have consequences. And Nikki/Victor will be reminded about the true meaning of Christmas, Michael and Lauren will receive a Christmas surprise (I believe it's Fen), Jill will learn surprising news, and Jack will have a special gift for his family.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Kyle stamps his foot, so Jack gives in?  Even though Kyle is nowhere near ready to be Co-CEO of the company his (Kyle's) grandfather built?  No wonder Y&R fans still miss John Abbott!  If John had been in Jack's position, I'm sure he would've told him, "Either accept the way things are now, or forget about having any kind of future at Jabot!".

• Members

I'm a little surprised they are having Kyle be so demanding about wanting to be reinstated as CEO, and then suggesting that him and Jack be Co- CEO's. Especially since him and Jack are on good terms now.  I think that Jack should be it for the time being and Kyle can get the position down the line. IMO, Kyle shouldn't be the CEO right now unless Jack wants to permanently step down. But maybe the show is doing this to have it tie into his rivalry with Theo more/put him in a position where he can have more authority over Theo. And that will cause more problems with him and Theo. There are also spoilers from tomorrow's show that have Kyle/Summer and Theo/Lola interacting more and confiding in each other. It's look like the show is still trying to do a quad with them. Even though they really haven't been shown much lately or had much movement with their story (even Lola).

I'm not sure what that Paul/Christine spoiler is about. Fen is supposed to come home, but I don't think it's about that. I believe that Doug Davidson is on for a couple episodes, a week before Fen shows up. Speaking of Fen, Zach Tinker said in the mag that his first episode back is really powerful. Maybe they will address Fen''s relapse and his recovery. And maybe he will be back for at least a couple of episodes. I am looking forward to seeing him again and hope he can make more visits. I wish he would come back longer term. (And Loren Lott would return as well).

• Members

During the past few months, Y&R has brought back EH, MCE, MM and MS. It takes a special kind of writer to create a boring show with those actors back in the fold. I would've never guessed that was possible. And it's not like key players in each of their characters' orbits are off canvas. Plenty to work with here.

Declawed Chelsea is simply the new version of StePhyllis. Ridiculous.   

• Members

According to the recap from soaps.com on tomorrow's show: 

Amanda will tell Billy that she was an orphan and grew up in foster homes. Devon will also look at the file on her and find out that she had a fiance named Ripley Turner. He will find out that her and Ripley filed restraining orders against each other. He will start to look up more information on Ripley.

I could see it being revealed that Amanda/Hilary are related. I am glad they are revealing more information about Amanda.

• Members

IDK where they're going with any of this Amanda stuff, but they're doing a really good job making me not care. They've successfully ruined the only 2 black men in the cast as well - turned Devon into a punk azz biotch, and Nate is such a freaking annoying do-gooder. Yikes.