Jennifer Lopez as a possible Sue Ellen Ewing!WTF

Queen_Nubia

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

J-Lo was good in Selena, Monster-in-Law and a couple other movies. Weird choice as Sue-Ellen, but it might work. Also think Luke Wilson is a weird choice for Bobby.

Love the idea of John Travolta as J.R.

I hope they pick someone other than Shirley MacLaine as Miss Ellie. She's a great actress, but seems wrong for the part. Angela Lansbury or Joanne Woodward might be a better choice.

I wonder who'll play Ray Krebbs. I've read of rumors of Brad Pitt in the role, but doubt he'll play him.

I wonder also about Cliff Barnes, Jock (I'd like to see Larry Hagman as Jock or maybe Paul Newman) and Kristin (Eva Longoria might be good now that J-Lo is Sue Ellen). I wonder if Gary & Val will be in it?

• Members

THE CAST IS OFFICIAL!

Gag me...

(from TV.com)

Travolta and Jennifer Lopez head to the Southfork Ranch as Dallas movie rolls forward.

John Travolta will play J.R.

The movie version of Dallas has finalized the casting of two lead roles, those of oil tycoon J.R. Ewing and his cunning wife, Sue Ellen. Hollywood heavyweight John Travolta will play J.R., and pop star/actress Jennifer Lopez will play Sue Ellen.

Travolta steps into the role made famous by Larry Hagman. J.R. Ewing was a brutal oilman who crushed his opponents without mercy--and many of his opponents were in his own family. Lopez will pick up where Linda Gray left off, as a wife who is as cunning and ruthless as her husband.

Rounding out the cast is Shirley McClaine as the family matriarch Miss Ellie. Luke Wilson is reportedly in talks to portray Bobby Ewing, J.R.'s slightly less evil younger brother.

Dallas ran for 13 years, from 1978 to 1991. The show attracted a whopping 83 million viewers for a cliff-hanger episode in which J.R. was mysteriously shot.

The Dallas movie recently hit a snag when director Robert Luketic left the production, citing the standard "creative differences." His replacement is Gurinder Chadha, the Kenyan-born British director of the hits Bend It Like Beckham and Bride and Prejudice.

Chadha told the BBC that the movie will be "very true to the original series. I've got to deliver something to them that's contemporary but at the same time doesn't trample on their nostalgic dreams."

Producers of the film raised eyebrows when they indicated they would film the movie not in its namesake city but in Canada. After the city of Dallas put on a full court PR assault to lure them back, the filmmakers announced that production would stay in the US--it will now be shot in Florida.

Dallas is set to gush box-office black gold in 2007.

---

Personally... John Travolta isn't a bad choice. Neither is Luke Wilson.

And Scarlett as Lucy would be a much better fit.

Shirley McClaine as Miss Ellie isn't all that bad either.

I don't think I'll like the movie but some of the cast isn't THAT bad and I can see them in the roles.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Apr 24 2006, 01:00 PM)

JLO still hasn't signed on people...

She will. The studio once again is more worried about getting teens to go see this movie than just making a good movie that has a cast that at the very least looks like some of the cast from the show. If the casting stinks, so will the film.

Anyone remember Bewitched?

That's true. It's being covered like it's done. That's what people at Ultimate Dallas are talking about right now.

• 2 months later...

Archived