Jennifer Lopez as a possible Sue Ellen Ewing!WTF

Queen_Nubia

• Members

Variety says director Robert Luketic is rounding up his cast for Fox's Dallas, the updated take on the classic '80s series.

Luketic has offered his Monster-in-Law star Jennifer Lopez the part of Sue Ellen Ewing, Luke Wilson is negotiating to play Bobby Ewing, John Travolta has an offer to star as J.R. Ewing and Shirley MacLaine is down for the part of Miss Ellie Ewing.

While no deals are yet in place for these actors - Wilson is in negotiations - most of the pacts are likely to happen. And if that package does come to fruition, production is likely to commence in October after Travolta has finished up a starring role in New Line Cinema's big screen version of Broadway hit Hairspray.

Robert Harling and Sacha Gervasi wrote drafts of the script.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow those are some very odd choices. The only one that is remotely interesting is John Travolta as JR, but I don't see him with JLo though.

And I love Shirley MacLaine but she is not Miss Ellie. I just can't see that one at all.

I wish they would just leave the old series alone. They have only gotten one of them right. The only remake or redo of an old series I have liked was The Fugitive, and it was done remarkably well. All the rest have really stunk.

• Members

I actually wanted Jennifer Lopez....as Pamela! She just doesn't make sense as Sue Ellen, especially with John Travolta. They want Chatherine Zeta-Jones as Pamela, but she is clearly better fit for Sue Ellen. I hope they end up switching these roles.

John Travolta sounds great, Luke Wilson is strange, but I'm willing to give him a chance and Shirley MacClaine is a TERRIBLE choice. Hopefully she'll pass.

• Members

I guess it is the soap lover part in me but I always imagined some soap stars getting those roles. Ever since I first heard they were doing the project, my ideal cast has been:

Kevin Spacey as J.R.; Julianne Moore as Sue Ellen; Clint Ritchie or Steve Kanaly as Jock; Erika Slezak as Miss Ellie; Jon Hensley as Bobby; Martha Byrne as Pam; Scott Bryce or Kevin Bacon as Cliff Barnes; and Alexis Thorpe or Bethany Joy Lenz as Lucy.

As I said I know some of them would never get the roles - I just love them on the soaps and think they would be so good. Erika Slezak reminds me of Barbara Bel Geddes in some ways, and I think she would be good.

Kevin Spacey to me could capture the role of JR better than John Travolta, and I definitely know Julianne Moore would be better as Sue Ellen.

Oh well just wishful thinking.

• Members

The director of the new Dallas movie was on the Insider today and he was giving out names for who he wanted to play some of the character roles in the movie heres the rundown:

Jennifer lopez as Sue Ellen(gag me now!)

John Travolta as J.R.(Not opposed to this, but his career is sort of in the toilet in the moment)

Shirley McClaine as Ms. Ellie(NO WAY!)

Lindsay Lohan as Lucy(I think I want her to play kristen though)

Luke Wilson as Bobby(Yikes)

This cast stinks except for Lindsay lohan I definantly can see her as lucy or kristen. If J.Ho is sue Ellen I'm gonna die. An don't think that it won't happen seems the director for this movie directed J.Ho in Monster-in-law and is fond of J.Ho.GAG

Archived