Jennifer Lopez as a possible Sue Ellen Ewing!WTF

Queen_Nubia

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now there is word that PARIS HILTON and BEYONCE' is up for the role of Lucy Ewing. Also, Marcia Cross is up for the role of Pamela Barnes Ewing.

If this is true, they have lost one movie goer. There is no way in Heaven or on Earth that I will sit in a movie theater and watch singers, arrogant socialites and comedic performers make a mockery of one of the finest shows in American t.v. history.

• Members

Whoa. This cast BLOWS. I was so looking forward to this but these are all the wrong decisions. John Travolta has promise. Luke Wilson is an okay choice. Catherine Zeta Jones is fabulous so I couldnt care less what role she gets if she gets one.

BEYONCE as Lucy? PLEASE. The director must be on crack. Paris Hilton i could see. I DONT WANT her as Lucy but I could SEE it.

Ugh this is all just WRONG! I hope it bombs in the theater.

• Members

I wouldn't mind if they were landing big name actors to do these roles, but Paris Hilton?! Is this because she was so great in House Of Wax? This 'lady' can barely film a sex tape, and she was a lousy actress in that!

Jessica Simpson? Another singer who was in a hit remake of another t.v. show and now feels she should get the chance to be in this one. It is increasingly looking like this will be a comedy, and if that's the case, they can have it.

• Members

Betty White or Rue McClanahan would make a good Miss Ellie. They can do Southern accents and they can sass like the best of them.

No way in HELL could J.Lo be Sue Ellen. I can't imagine listening to her telling off J.R. in her Bronx accent. I can't look at her and see a Southern accent coming out of her mouth.

• Members

BEYONCE as Lucy??? That has got to be a joke!

Could you imagine the song she'd do the for movie?

Southfork woo ooo Southforrrrrrk

Gonna shake my rump on the ranch now baby

I'm gonna give you all my love in the oil fields now

I'm planning on a big Texas ho-down tonight boy!

Woah woah woah oh yeah woah oh woah yeah yeah yeah yeah ooooo

• Members

You guys really shouldn't get so worked up, lol. The movie was first announced something like two or three years ago and all these same names have been mentioned since then.

The only ones officially up for roles are the ones mentioned in Variety and I don't any any of them are that bad. Still, Jennifer Lopez should be Pamela, not Sue Ellen. Personally, I'd want Lisa Rinna for Sue Ellen. She has the acting chops and I think I would buy her as a beauty queen-turned alcoholic socialite and a Southerner.

Archived