Jennifer Lopez as a possible Sue Ellen Ewing!WTF

Queen_Nubia

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The movie isn't cancelled, the new director did Bend It Like Beckham.

One good thing to report...

Jessica Simpson is no longer being considered for Lucy, Scarlett Johannson is in the lead there.

Still, I maintain that no one should take the casting too seriously yet. Only John Travolta has been cast and Jennifer Lopez, Luke Wilson and Shirley MacClaine were only offered contracts. They could always turn them down or the new director could change them as she did with Lucy.

Keep in mind that Judith Chapman (Gloria Y&R) and Linda Evans were originally set to play Pam, they wanted this woman from Taxi for Sue Ellen and I'm pretty sure Larry Hagman wasn't the frontrunner for JR.

• Members

Actually Monster In Law was a hit. I still say that J Ho would make a good Pam, but as Sue Ellen she's an awful choice. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too young, but I don't disagree with CHeap that she's the wrong race. In Texas there are tons and tons of Hispanic people and them never being represented in the original Dallas was very unrealistic.

This film isn't meant to mimic the original so going against-type isn't a bad thing. I'm still holding out hope that she could work in this role. I know from the interviews with David Jacobs that they are taking this seriously and he said the script is great. We'll have to wait and see how the final cast is.

And for the record, J Lo still isn't official based on what I last heard. A couple days ago the Director said on Brit radio that she's close to signing J Lo, Shirley Maclaine and Luke Wilson, but it's not a doen deal.

Archived