B&B July 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This a a bit Off-Topic, I was watching a Netflix documentary called The Black Godfather, a man by the name of Clarence Avant, who became a highly influential figure in the music/entertainment business and occasionally branched into civil rights issues. He's not into organized crime but the man seems to know everybody!  Anyway, he has a daughter by the name of...wait for it, Nicole Avant, who was an ambassador to the Bahamas from 2009-2011.  Do you think it's possible that Brad Bell knows the real Avants?

• Members

Tuned in today to see 3 minutes of Liam on Speed.  Thomas is eating the show just like Adam is eating Y&R.  Who wants to see this mess other than to LAUGH?  And Thomas grinning in the background.  GET RID OF THIS CHARACTER.  AND HOPE.  LET THEM go off together.  We do NOT CARE.  SEND THEM AWAY.  Let her NEVER know Beth is Phoebe or Phoebe is Beth or whatever.  Let Thomas RAPE Her, have a kid and send them into Obliviion.  Just like he did with Caroline.  Bye Thomas, Bye Hope.  BYE.  At this point I don't care who knows what or that Thomas kills people - get rid of all of it.  MOVE.  GET RID OF IT. 

Really really burning up the ratings though.  hahahahahaha.  So ridiculous. 

• Members

Given Brad Bell's history with Black folks on the show, I'd be surprised.  LOL!  But he (or someone else from the writing team) probably had heard of their story and appropriated their names.

Sounds like an interesting documentary. I'll have to add it to my queue.

• Members

It's probably just a coincidence that Colleen Bell was also in the diplomatic core (under the same administration that Nicole Avant) served in around the same time that Maya Avant first appeared onscreen. It's definitely worth a watch.  It's just that Avant seems to know everyone in Hollywood, some on an acquaintance level.  Still it is a fascinating documentary that gives additional context to some events that I'd heard of (e.g. the feud between Don Cornelius and Dick Clark, instigated by Clark, imo).

I'd be interested in knowing your thoughts on the documentary, it's got some very interesting stuff.

• Members

I didn't even think of the Colleen Bell connection.  I bet you're right!

It's in my queue.  Have you watched "American Soul" on BET?  I know a lot of it is fictionalized, but they touched a little bit on the Don Cornelius/Dick Clark feud in the first season.

His appearances seem to be relegated to marriages and annulments nowadays.  Clearly Brad Bell is not interested in either character, but I'm surprised they haven't put Carter and Maya back together.  Even if off-screen or an occasional scene together.

• Members

Regarding Carter, I think it would be nice if they put him with Sally. IMO, they would be a good looking couple. I liked Sally/Wyatt but they are broken up for the time being. I don't think that Sally should have lost Wyatt to Flo,m (though I also like Wyatt and Flo) but she did and is now single. 

• Members

Even the actress playing Steffy has said over the years she would have loved if Steffy was paired with Carter... since her character did date his adopted brother... it would continue the B & B tradition of siblings sharing significant others.