GH: Actors on a break

• Members

they literally did the same thing with Ridge and Y&R did it with Phyllis. LOL These shows don't care. 

he does voice work for video games and cartoons... let's not pretend here. Soap would def. be leaps and bounds up. LOL

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, for one it hasn't stopped Nolan North from never coming back - video game/voice work pays at their level, and North and Bloom are very prolific. Second, Bloom and his family do well elsewhere. He also is tied to several prominent directors like Joe Carnahan and is often involved in their films, including being a co-writer on The A-Team, of all things. Point is, no, he won't be back.

Edited by Vee

• Members

yes, because I'm sure NN's beating away offers with a stick. lmao 

IDK why some of y'all even post on soap forums when it seems like a lot of you despise the medium and are counting the days until its demise, to the point where you think soap is on the level of voicework. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Actually, he is. The dude is the king of video game work. May sound silly to you and it is, but he works on million dollar game after million dollar game and has far more public recognition from games like Uncharted now than 90% of the current breed of soap stars. You don't have to like it, but it's true. It's why North made it clear a few years ago (at a game event) that he hated his time on soaps and would never go back.

I love this medium, but I'm also honest. North is now too well-ensconced in his current industry to come back. Brian Bloom, who has never been desperate enough to come back anyway, is also doing pretty well for himself there and elsewhere.

I do! He won't!

Edited by Vee

• Members

Other actors in games, sure. Those two? Nope. Nolan North is a household name with a ton of young folks because of gaming and is pitched as such at major industry events. Brian Bloom, again, has never been hard up enough to return to soaps (and there's times I've hoped he would), even in his worst years. These days he has a similar career to North, who was never as famous outside games as Bloom was to begin with. And Bloom also has substantial film industry connections with big directors. So no, he definitely won't be back.

And if by some miracle either of them were to appear they wouldn't do it as Drew, the stopgap character absolutely no one at GH cares about.

• Members

as someone that works in video games I cannot help but laugh at your assertions that the pay is ANYWHERE close to soap/tv work. 

and there's being real and then there's being a stick in the mud acting like soap is trash, especially compared to voice acting. 

• Members

I don't know about pay wise, but fame wise, Nolan North and Brian Bloom have careers most soap stars would kill to have. Nolan North is probably the biggest voice actor in games right now. He's basically given a good sized role in most PS4 exclusive, and is in Destiny 2 and a lot of the Ubisoft titles. He's also one of both Marvel and DC's go to voice guys. Bloom has Wolfenstein and Bethesda, Call of Duty, and also does a lot of Marvel and DC voice over work. If you're into video games or cartoons, you know them.

I don't know how Brian Bloom feels but I think Nolan North has made his feelings on soap work well know, and fwiw, I heard they were thinking of approaching him for something Ron wanted to do on GH back around the 50th and were told to not even bother because he has zero interest in soap work, even though it was going to be like a two day appearance. Neither of them need soaps or are going to come back.

• Members

Google is your friend. There have been numerous articles about how the video game industry makes billions of dollars and voice actors stay getting low pay and shot vocal chords. They're all replaceable, even NN and BB. And cheap af. Why do you think Peter Dinklage was eventually replaced on Destiny with NN? Because he's cheaper. Period. 

if any of these soaps came calling, I highly doubt either of these guys would turn them down. 

which literally amounts to nothing. Y'all can keep acting like being voices on video games is a big deal - bigger than being on a soap - all you want, but that's not the reality. Sorry! 

in fact the big Avengers  video game reveal back during E3 was a big flop. So, let's not. 

• Members

I wonder if Billy Miller might be the new Chance on Y&R. It would be risky firing Jason Thompson who has become popular in the role, plus they just had backlash with Phyllis. They keep writing Chance into the script but we don't have any word of them casting someone or bringing the original back. I'd say that is more likely than him coming back as Billy, but regardless I know they will be calling him soon. I hope he isn't Billy though because I felt he was incredibly overrated in the role.