Soapsuds

Live Daytime Emmys 2019 Discussion Thread

Just now, xtr said:

Also, I see that the Daytime Emmy's is actually trending #3 for United States trends on Twitter right now. 

There are some sick [!@#$%^&*] on Twitter.

I feel bad for Zach Tinker, but I know the one he'll win a few years from now for his role on a GOOD show (that probably won't be on daytime) will help soften the blow.

To think that prior winners of the Younger Actress category were Julianne Moore, Anne Heche, and Sarah Michelle Gellar. How far the talent pool has dropped in the last 25 years.

How I long for the return of the days when Jennifer Finnigan won her category three years in a row.

Edited by Khan

3 minutes ago, kalbir said:

To think that prior winners of the Younger Actress category were Julianne Moore, Anne Heche, and Sarah Michelle Gellar. How far the talent pool has dropped in the last 25 years.

Let's not forget the great daytime talent as well - Heather Tom, Sarah Brown, Camryn Grimes, and Kimberly McCullough. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

1 minute ago, kalbir said:

yoursoright.gif

I do wonder if these kids are being shortchanged by these current shows, with their lack of rehearsal, etc. They don’t get the opportunity to really develop as much anymore.