Live Daytime Emmys 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If they were to move all soaps-related categories to the (off-air?) Creative Arts awards presentation, I guarantee two things would happen:

1. The awards ceremonies would be at least one hour shorter.  (Duh.)

2. The ceremonies would return to broadcast television.

• Members

That would suggest skulduggery on the voters' part, and frankly, I don't think they give enough [!@#$%^&*] to conspire in that way.

It's really something to see how bad guys keep getting rewarded in our modern culture.

Edited by Khan

• Members

The only way that becomes possible is if it aired during the daytime as it once did, pre-empting one or more soaps/talk shows or on the Game Show network or some such channel.  There's no way in the world any primetime slots would be ceded to four failing soaps, some talk shows and some game shows.  If you take out the soap-related category, you'd likely lose the few viewers that tune in.  I'd be interested in learning how many would watch an actual telecast with just game show and service show categories.  

Last year's livestream was over by about 10:30 ish and it seemed to have a lot more content as well as more thoughtfully done.

• Members

As a longtime Barney Miller fan, I am thrilled for Max Gail. He was nominated for Supporting Actor in primetime twice as Wojo. He lost out to Robert Guillaume of Soap in 1979 and Harry Morgan of M*A*S*H in 1980. So glad to see an actor of his caliber finally take home the trophy. 

At first, I couldn't even imagine anyone else but Ron Hale in the role of Mike. Max has made the part his own. Plus, he makes MB seem somewhat tolerable in their scenes together, which is a remarkable feat in and of itself.

• Members

Here is a picture of the Y&R's cast gathering together after their Emmy's wins. This cast picture is mighty small looking (though I do believe Peter Bergman may be there somewhere.) More of the cast may have attended the Emmy nomination reception/creative arts Emmys, than they did the the actual Emmys.