Y&R May Sweeps

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm not sure if much the things that happened as a result of Neil's will being read will amount much to anything. Devon did seem a bit surprised maybe even a little bothered that Neil had stipulations for him, in order for him to get Neil's share of Hamilton-Winters. Ana did tell Nate that he might surprise himself as a member of the Board of Directors, when Nate seemed hesitant about being a part of that. Though, I don't know if we will see Nate participating a whole lot in that. That would mean they would have to write for him more, and he really isn't being written much for outside of trying to pursue Abby and being the city's doctor. 

I do think that something will come of Ana being made co-head LP by Devon. But I am concerned it may end up being to her detriment. I could see Mariah coming to work for HW and her and Ana clashing more over Tessa's career and maybe regarding other artists/aspects of the music business. I think that Mariah may end up leaving GC Buzz and starting a new career path in the music industry. Mariah mentioned she was considering stepping away from GC Buzz on today's show and Devon mentioned needing more help in the music department of Hamilton-Winters. I don't want to see it happen, but I could see him hiring her and her clashing more with Ana, which could be to the detriment of Ana's character. 

Maybe down the line more will be done regarding the things that the twins/Moses inherited. Maybe one day Moses will be sorased some more and will see his inheritance come more into play.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I think that both Devon and nate's only option at story is a rivalry with each other. So that'll happen. 

Also agree that it sounds like Mariah will work for LP and Ana being co head of that means she's being set up as Mariah's rival and boss like Hilary. Also agree that it'll be bad for Ana just like it was bad for Hilary.  We've seen a preview of how that'll be written and Ana will be railroaded to make Mariah the antagonist. Notice that only the two young black females have been written as undeserving losers up against Mariah. Abby and Summer never were written this way. But, let me not say that. Some don't want to hear it. 

• Members

I fear this will be the case. Ack. I have nothing positive to say about this, if this happens and I wonder how deep an Ana/Mariah rivalry will run. I don't like thought of Ana being thrown underneath the bus for Mariah and Tessa. it's cringeworthy. I still hope they won't fight romantically over Tessa. I did feel a little better when Tessa walked away from her contract this last time around, because that time, I actually got the sense that Ana wasn't interested in her romantically.

It seemed like Ana was even insulting her and her look a little. But who knows what may happen with this show. I did see someone posted on Twitter a few days back, something that indicated that Ana/Tessa/Mariah would be sharing upcoming scenes in a future episode. I believe Chelsea may been on that episode as well. So Ana is not done with those two.

• Members

I doubt it will, and I'm not looking forward to it. I think it will be continue to be written as poorly as it's been written. And I really hope nothing romantic happens between Ana and Tessa. 

I would rather see Ana go join the Summer/Theo/Kyle/Lola group (or even get involved with an older man) than watch this storyline with Mariah and Tessa.

Edited by xtr

• Members

To do what in that group? Be Summer's cheerleader the way Abby is Lola's? Or take Abby's place as Lola's biggest fan? I don't see it for Ana over there either. 

They should just bring Fen back for her. I wasn't a fan of her paired with him. But desperate times...I still want Noah. 

• Members

She could befriend Summer (though not prop her the way that Abby does Lola) and interact with that group. IMO it is ridiculous that she doesn't interact with that group more considering they are her peers. Just about anything is better than this storyline with Tessa and Mariah, which is (and will probably continue to be) to her detriment. Ana hanging out with the Summer/Theo/Lola/Kyle group is a better option than her being thrown under the bus for Mariah and Tessa.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Ana has barely interacted with them, outside of Fen. (She has only interacted with Kyle, Lola, Summer a little) She wasn't a 5th wheel, she didn't even hang out with any of them except Fen. She had a few scenes with Kyle, a couple with Lola, and one where she gave Summer some attitude. She hasn't been given much of a chance to interact with them, but I don't think she would be thrown under the bus for them like she has been with Tessa and Mariah. When she was managing Fen's career, she was written a lot better, and more reasonable.

The show has literally been poking fun at her character since she has interacted with Tessa and Mariah. When she made ridiculous, suggestions regarding picking in an outfit for Tessa, actual comical music played poking fun at Ana's character and her advice/style. That is what she has been reduced to around Tessa and Mariah. That didn't happen when she interacted with Fen. She made good suggestions when she was around him and was taken seriously as a producer.

I don't see how Mariah and Tessa are better for her (or equal to) than the Summer/Kyle/Theo/Lola Group. IMO, they are worse. Much worse. I think that Mariah will get the upper hand against her and I could see Devon scolding Ana as she goes against Mariah. It's not going to be fun to watch and it's a storyline I dread seeing play out.

If they won't put Ana in her the age group with her actual peers (Summer, Kyle, Lola, Theo,) then I would be okay with her befriending Abby and her, Abby, Nate, Devon and Elena could be there own group. As suggested by Forever8, they could keep the detective Eddie around and flesh him out. I could be okay with Ana being apart of that group and dating someone like Eddie. I'm okay with her being paired with an older man (though not Jack Abbot old)

Edited by xtr

• Members

She'd a 5th wheel because we have two guys and two girls in a quad...then her. It's not like she will get in on the romance aspect. If they brought back Fen for her and put them both in with the quad, that'd be better. I just think in this case, it's a be careful what you wish for thing.

I don't think any of this is good for Ana. Definitely not anything Mariah related. I'm still smarting from Hilary's interactions with her. I definitely don't want Ana around her. I have zero desire to see Devon support Mariah and chastise Ana over dealings with her nor take her position and give it to Mariah the way he did with Hilary. But alas, it's on the horizon. 

• Members

According to soaps.com day ahead recap Mishael Morgan will appear as Hilary again. This will happen after Devon shares a close moment with Elena. They will end up talking about their parents and they will slow dance and kiss after Devon tells Elena, he likes her. He will then see Hilary standing on the stairs. Elena will realize something is wrong and will go upstairs to try and get some sleep.

Abby and Nate will also go on their date tomorrow, though Abby will have a hard time at first saying the word date. Her and Nate will trade date war stories. Nate will tell her he's putting himself out there again, because he's found someone that is worth it. He will tell her he was left Neil's penthouse and given a seat on the board of directors. Abby will say that type of power can be sexy. She will end up kissing Nate on the cheek, leaving him smiling.

Adam and Sharon will talk a bit about Chelsea. Sharon will wonder if she's the right person to help Adam because her and Chelsea weren't on the best terms when she left. They will talk about this and Adam will tell Sharon that he feels like he can turn to her. Rey will show up and Adam will leave.

Adam will end up dreaming about making love to Sharon. He will at first dream about Chelsea but she will turn into Sharon who will tell him that she's hear now and suggests that he loves both women. He will dream about Sharon and then a gunshot will ring out and he will awake. He will look towards Sharon's house and get a phone call from a man telling him that he's found Chloe Mitchell and she isn't dead. Sharon will also take a call from Chelsea, where she will tell Chelsea there is something she needs to know. Sharon will end up making love to Rey for real. He will tell her about working for Nick at Dark Horse and how he's supposed to be watching Adam.

Kyle and Lola will have some scenes, that sound like more fluff, and excuse to have get more airtime. They will end up painting their apartment together while Lola will talk about the importance of hard work and preparation.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I think that Fen returning isn't likely anytime soon. Tinker may still think he's on the show, but there's nothing coming from the show suggesting he'll be back around. Don't get me wrong, I thought he was not only attractive, but had a great personality, but the show doesn't appear remotely interested.

I wish they could get rid of Tessa-- those scenes of Ana trying to force the ugly outfits, makeup, etc were painful to sit through. Also, I hate when she sings. She doesn't hold a candle to Ana in the voice department. Dina must really be losing it to praise that tedious song. I'm not opposed to a business rivalry between Mariah and Ana, especially one that led to a mutual appreciation of what each brings to the table-- Mariah's life experience/street smarts and Ana's book smarts and musical talent.

• Members

Yeah, I'm also beginning to think Fen's not coming back anytime soon.  That is, not with Zach Tinker in the role.  It's just as well, though.  He's free to pursue better options.

Edited by Khan