Rumor: Y&R actres out

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

People like Fen/Nate who it hasn't been announced is officially gone yet, but haven't been seen much. And in Nate's case have been rumored to be out as well. Zach Tinker did say recently on social media that he loved his job and I also heard he said he was excited to meet Doug Davidson. He's been shown still interacting with some of the cast members including Cait Fairbanks who I think he was hanging out with very recently. I'm holding out hope that Fen will come back. They are casting a mid to late 30's actor to play a recurring character that is an established rock artist that is popular on the club circuit. Maybe that is how they might bring Fen back. they can say he has been opening for the new character Brandon. 

I am also wonder what this may mean for Ana. She really hasn't gotten much of a storyline and I wonder if they would ship her out as well, when Josh takes over. I hope not.  I really enjoy Ana. I also wonder if even Mia may be in trouble, I heard some rumblings she might could be let go. Though, this show really loves to feature the Rosales, so maybe Mia is safe.

• Members

I think they shelved Fen until this story plays out with lola, summer, Kyle. Once Kyle and summer marry, he will pick up the pieces with lola so they can play her and Kyle as star crossed.

Unfairly, it's already a fail in my mind. The actors that play Kyle and Lola don't have the chemistry to pull that off. Plus,I know Y&R. The couple that they don't want will probably be the one that can work but the show will still doggedly pursue what the show wants. Watch Fen and Lola have more chem or Fen and summer. But they've chosen Mealer as the lead. 

Ana's purpose is to give Devon family and someone to play off. She's not going anywhere. The show will pretend to care about Devon and she's his main screen partner. Will she ever be a standalone character? Probably not. Ironically, she's the new Devon. Chemistry with white counterparts but the show will ignore it and pass over her Everytime in favor of lighter hued actresses/characters. If she does get one, it'll be offscreen place holder type deal like Devon and Roxy. But no, she's not going anywhere. Besides, she works.

Nate, one the hand, I fear, may get sent packing. Though being resident doctor gives him story. 

I also heard that that one Rosales was bring written out and it wasn't Mia. Though the one departure had implications for her 

• Members

I thought that Kyle and Lola had chemistry when they first got together but the way they have been writing her/she's been treating him has put a damper on that. I do think that Fen/Summer have chemistry, though not as much as him and Ana. Kyle I don't think really has much chemistry with Summer, but if she doesn't force him to marry her, I would actually prefer him and her over him and Lola. Lola has been damaged quite a bit for me as a character, and I no longer want Kyle with her. Maybe Josh will try and fix her but I'm not sure. I do not believe that Fen will get with Lola anytime soon he seems to be over her.

I still hope they end up pairing Fen/Ana at some point. They have not capitalized on an opportunity to do that. They spent most of their scenes together when he first came on the show and they have good chemistry. They also had an opportunity to move towards Fen/Summer by having him support her while she was being blamed for Lola's condition, and during her possibly being Lola's donor. They could have done a storyline where she came to realize that Fen's really cares about her. But he's not around for this and that too was a missed opportunity. 

I hope they end up keeping Nate. I had wondered if he would be safe if only because he's the only doctor on the show. I wonder now if he will stick around, especially with the news of Elena being in the medical field. I hope Jeff is not a recast for Nate. If so, that hurts Ana getting chances of getting a romantic storyline. If Jeff is a new character altogether he could be a potential love interest for Ana. 

• Members

I don't know about the chemistry with Kyle and Lola. I guess it's not do dry but nowhere near the level required to take off the way the show hopes. For supporting they are okay. But not to lead story. 

Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath on ana/fen. Her only hope is possibly thisnee black guy. JMO. 

Nate has grown on me. I've liked his scenes I've seen recently. Which aren't many and a few clips I saw on Twitter 

• Members

Nate has been a doing nice job in these hospital scenes involving helping Lola. I also liked him in the scenes he shared with the Newmans when Victor sneaked Nikki out of the hospital, (when she was ran over by Reid). because he was afraid someone was after her. He had some nice scenes then with Nick, including when Nick thanked him for looking out for his family. They looked like they could work as friends. And he shared a scene with Christine when she expressed concern about him risking his career to help the Newmans which I thought was interesting. 

I hope they keep Nate, (with BD in the role, I like him). Though, it might only be as the residential doctor on the show. But I would like to see him get a love interest as well. Maybe they will keep him and he might interact with Elena. Or maybe they might even do something like try him and Abby should her engagement to Arturo fall apart.

• Members
Alice HunterVerified account @itsalicehunter

To all asking - yes, Kerry is taking an indefinite hiatus. She earns it though 😂 you’ll see soon enough. I LOVE the arc, even if I’m sad to leave. And yes, a bunch of #YR cast & crew surprised me Friday and it was something I’ll never forget 🙈🍾

• Members

Nate in a triangle with Abby and Arturo was a no brainier. And yet, to no one's surprise, they didn't do it. In this instance I'd normally say it was racial. But Abby has history with IR relationships. I just think they wanted to focus on Arturo/Mis/Rey so Abby couldn't have another option. They'd have to write it and couldn't be bothered. 

• Members

That was quick. Kerry possibly leaving the show wasn't spoiled or hinted at, at all in the Winters preview. It was only reported she had secrets. I wonder when they decided to get rid of her.This really seems abrupt. Maybe she ends up double crossing both Jack and Phyllis in their battle for Jabot. And does something terrible that gets her sent packing.

I thought Nate had chemistry in a brief scene he shared with Abby. He was relaxed around her and they were pleasant around each other.

• Members

I wonder who the fun vets returning are. Could them getting rid of Kerry (and potentially other newbies) be to free up room to bring back some vets for Neil's memorial.

Maybe they want to keep some vets around for a bit after the memorial to help push along story after the aftermath of that.And/or maybe the show got rid of Kerry so Josh could bring back whatever vets he wants to for the stories he plans to tell.

Archived