Unflattering Photos/Articles Of Soap Actors

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll never forget that.  What a bitch.  If a man in that position had said of a female - replaced her because she was  shriveled up old woman....he would be fired.  Or pressured out...even then it would have happened.  But she was a good little Catholic girl who went to Catholic University so she could say and do whatever she wanted. 

• Members

The fact that Logan gave her an out to retract her comment, knowing how bad she’d look, and she still committed to her statement... the height of arrogance.

The Michael Logan interviews with Paolo Seganti (ATWT) and George Pilgrim (GL), in which they insulted fellow actors (Seganti’s comment that most soap actors “are not that talented”) or, in case of Pilgrim, simply acted as if he were above the genre, were also not great looks.

• Members

Who both had astounding careers.  Cough.  Both were terrible actors and had no chemistry with anyone.  Which should have told them they were the ones with no talent LOL.  Was there anything memorable about these two?  I remember being especially underwhelmed by Paolo....he and anyone onscreen were blah.

• Members

I'd never heard that. How disgusting.

That ridiculous photo of Luza in his leather jacket that was used in any profile of him for 10-15 years. Michael Logan used it over and over and over. What was clearly supposed to look butch instead looked like Elton John going through a leather phase.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I remember seeing a biography of Genie Francis and they showed an early photo of her she submitted to get acting jobs and she had a unibrow.

Meredith Baxter gave a recent interview on youtube where she was asked about doing a soap (Y&R) and she made the comment that it was hard work, but she felt the soap acting technique with the long pauses etc...was just bad acting. 

Victoria Principal rarely comes across good in interviews.

• Members

Speaking of unflattering pictures... Often when I research ATWT actors, Google comes up with some suggestions. That picture of the wonderful Kathryn Hays has been bothering me for ages. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

She was an exec at ABC Daytime starting in the mid-‘80s and was thought to be responsible for the ABC soaps’ resurgence in the early ‘90s. So I suppose P&G believed she could bring some heat and youth to their aging, floundering shows (GL/ATWT/AW), but all she did was decimate them ultimately.

Archived