BREAKING: Corday Productions Suing Sony Over ‘DAYS’ Compensation

Errol

• Members

If they go it alone I have no doubt they'll be in a better position than they are now, particularly given the steps Corday has taken, given what the lawsuit contains, to attempt to sell the show overseas by attending MipCom on his company's own accord, in addition to developing the DAYS app, and tours of various American and Canadian cities with DAYS cast members for person appearances. The Bells have done it for 32 years with B&B to much success. The heights of that kind of success are probably over, but it could extend DAYS' lifespan. What I found interesting is that NBC intervened directly to keep the show going. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

About the app, I saw this posted:

Corday raised with Sony the possibility of creating different versions of the app for foreign territories in an effort to promote the show in existing foreign markets and to break into new markets such as Africa and Latin America.

While Sony originally expressed openness to Corday developing an app for the Series, Sony repeatedly failed to respond to Corday's, NBC's, and third parties' inquiries regarding the app.

• Members

I really don't see many foreign markets interested In Days. It's dying in it's home territory and it would be near impossible to have new viewers be able to jump into the show , plus those barebone production values would hardly be appealing.

Maybe some smaller networks might take it on at bargain basememt prices to fill up airtime...and foreign markets would require subtitling - is that cheap and easy to do?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I think Corday has a great case.   Anyone can compare DAYS to Y&R and see the HUUUGGE differences in sets, clothing, hair, plus the distribution deal.   IF Sony gave as much money to DAYS as Y&R their sets, clothing and hair would be vastly improved. Plus DAYS could afford to take off 3 or 4 months off so they would NOT be so damned far ahead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've got a few of questions: 1) Does anyone know when this lawsuit is going to go before the jury? 2) What happens to Days renewal contract if Corday wins or Sony wins? If Corday wins and the agreement he has with Sony is termed, what happens to the renewal contract with NBC? Would that be null and void? and 3) What is the worse case scenario if Sony wins? 

Edited by goldfries