Errol

BREAKING: Corday Productions Suing Sony Over ‘DAYS’ Compensation

1 hour ago, Soapsuds said:

Maybe now they will be able to afford more than just one set for all their scenes.😂

I would love if they had sets like Y&R.  I wanna see the CEILING of that g*ddamn blue room!  :lol:

DAYS has never had the international appeal of Y&R, which still pales to B&B. Y&R's cosmetics/beauty and wealthy lifestyles is a different animal than DAYS, which comes across as more middle class, which is not a bad thing at all. Let's face it, even with the DiMera/Kirakis clans, DAYS sets/clothing, etc. don't really convey 'rich.'  

20 minutes ago, edgeofnik said:

DAYS has never had the international appeal of Y&R, which still pales to B&B. Y&R's cosmetics/beauty and wealthy lifestyles is a different animal than DAYS, which comes across as more middle class, which is not a bad thing at all. Let's face it, even with the DiMera/Kirakis clans, DAYS sets/clothing, etc. don't really convey 'rich.'  

I'm not questioning what you're saying, because I'm sure it applies to some parts of the world (like Italy, but what others?), but here in Northern Europe DAYS is more popular than Y&RB&B and DAYS are the two US soaps that have always mananged to survive while others have come and gone. Santa Barbara and Sunset Beach also did well here.

The James E. Reilly years (first run) made DAYS very popular in many European countries because it was something different from our own domestic soaps and even B&B

Edited by Sindacco

Wow.   So the article says SONY owns 100% of Y&R. I thought they only owned 50%, the Bells 48% and Corday 2%. Did the article get that wrong or did the Bells sell their stake? 

16 hours ago, Sindacco said:

I'm not questioning what you're saying, because I'm sure it applies to some parts of the world (like Italy, but what others?), but here in Northern Europe DAYS is more popular than Y&RB&B and DAYS are the two US soaps that have always mananged to survive while others have come and gone. Santa Barbara and Sunset Beach also did well here.

The James E. Reilly years (first run) made DAYS very popular in many European countries because it was something different from our own domestic soaps and even B&B

I was guessing at the issue. There's so little information on international soap sales. It would be interesting if someone had a list of countries where Y&R/DAYS have been sold to compare. 

14 hours ago, Adamski said:

It's such a shame that Days isn't shown here in the UK, but am really surprised it's not even shown in Canada!

It is. DAYS airs nationally on the Canadian Global Television Network.