Y&R February 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

I love the old music being back, but some of it feels random and out of place... especially given that it is mixed in the episodes with the terrible newer music and that more recent Y&R has extended periods of dialogue only. I guess that I am just yearning for pre-2013 Y&R that was so meticulously scored. PS: the GCAC music is almost always as terrible as its cheap decor. Ick.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I couldn't help but notice a stupid mistake on the Valentine episode where Arturo gives Abby a gift of pink "scuba" equipment.  This show is shot in Southern California and all the cast and crew must live there as well and nobody knows the difference between scuba and snorkeling equipment?  Cmon!

• Members

There had been a line earlier with Arturo and Abby where she made a comment about them going somewhere to get married underwater. The SCUBA stuff was a call-back to Abby's comment, as he was against an underwater wedding, but now he seems he would be willing to go underwater with her.

• Members

MTS was on The Talk today to celebrate her 40th anniversary on Y&R. There was a great montage of Nikki’s intro shots over the years playing on the screen behind them as she walked out, which appeared to genuinely move her. And at the very top (not included below), Sara asked her about KSJ, and MTS got a bit choked up. This clip only addresses her special Nikki episode.

• Members

I don't know what was more surprising - that Y&R originally had planned for Nikki to become a

Please register in order to view this content

instead of a stripper, or that they thought the CBS censors would have gone for the idea. Melody seemed to be a good sport about it, as she related the tale. 

Please register in order to view this content

P.S. I know 35+ years later it doesn't technically count as a spoiler - but in case some of you didn't see The Talk, here's some shock value. 

Archived