Y&R February 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Speaking of folks disappearing, what happened to Angelica McDaniel's twitter account? 

I don't normally check for her (or care to) but last night, I was curious as to whether she'd post something about Kristoff St. John and there's neither hide nor hair of her on the platform.

• Members

@Faulkner Call me a cynic, but some of these corporate-driven remembrances strike me as self-serving of the bottom line.  CBS is now sending out a Kristoff-themed hashtag #picturesforKristoff in which they are using it as way to promote themselves and sell people their All Access platform, which I find distasteful.  I'm not going to speak on it anymore though.

I guess Instagram is where some folks go to hide from the scrutiny of twitter.

Thanks for the 411.

• Members

Perhaps it's a case of hindsight being 20/20 but Kristoff looked tired, somewhat haggard in his final episode.  He was professional, though he wasn't given much dialogue.

The show itself, the actors are clearly trying (Cait Fairbanks still seems to lack emotion) and the younger set might be more interesting with less superficial dialogue and scenes but the whole show seemed hollowed out.

I can't believe they are still in the J.T. storyline.

Welp, I guess I'll tune in on Friday but honestly, that's it for me, at this point. 

It wasn't just the realization that I was watching the last scenes of Kristoff (the only reason why I returned to watch) that were so marginal but I struggled to stay engaged with the rest of the episode as well. 

• Members

I was glad that Neil's last scenes today were happy ones where he spent time interacting and supporting a couple of his loved ones. I wish we would have gotten more episodes/scenes with him. They could have used him a bit more and showed him during a direct fallout after Fen showed up late to the performance to watch Ana sing in his place. They could have used another episode for that same evening. But I think they will jump at least a soap day (and multiple episodes) until we get the characters (minus Neil) addressing that.

I thought that Ana's performance was cute. She has nice energy and I think that her version was better than Fen's. I wish he wouldn't have been late to the performance and they would have done a duet together, lol. He could have gotten excited during the performance and brought her up on stage with him, (maybe even letting it slip publicly that she was the songwriter) and they could have sung together. It could have given them an opportunity to get closer to each other. I would have enjoyed that and I would prefer that to them having conflict due to them possibly competing on Devon's record label.

Lola didn't respond as poorly as I thought she would about the pictures, but she is still  very annoying/immature/insecure. And overall her behavior is exhausting to  Kyle.  I thought he explained/carried himself as best as he could when she was crying about Summer wanting him.  (Minus failing to make the conversation more private so the rest of the young people didn't hear it.) I do think that her behavior will push Kyle into Summer's arms. And IMO Summer's reaction wasn't that bad today. She wasn't trying to rub the pictures in Lola's face as  much as I thought she would and actually seemed to be bragging about both Kyle and Fen. She made a comment to Lola about needing to watch "our men" (due to other women possibly wanting them after seeing the photoshoot.) It kind of sounded like she was claiming Fen there. I wonder if her hanging around with him is all about biding her time before she can get Kyle or if maybe she might also be trying to give Fen a bit of a chance.

I wonder if his conversation they had the other day about her using him actually resonated with her a little bit. I prefer Fen/Ana be together, but I actually do think that Fen and Summer kind of look good together and I see some chemistry between them. Also, I think he's definitely over Lola now. Summer coming back helped with that and It doesn't seem like he wants the type of relationship that Lola has with Kyle.  

• Members

Oh man....that really hit me where Neil talks to Devon about how important it is to keep taking his medication and continue to get help with his depression. The irony of that scene is so sad. As someone who's dealt with depression/anxiety issues, It broke my heart.

Archived