Y&R survey

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Angelica McDaniel is a cancer to this show. And, arguably, far more than Barbara Bloom ever was. McDaniel is behind the show’s promotional rom-com shtick for the past several years along with the agressive introduction and defense of characters like the Rosales family. She also enabled JFP and Chuck Pratt to run amok. She may be good with game shows and talk shows, but she does not understand daytime dramas and one only needs to look at her “branding” of Y&R to see this. Y&R’s falling ratings are starting to tank B&B, which in spite of its own problems, had been fairly steady in ratings for about 5 years and had even regained ground it had lost ca. 2007-11. Angie has to go!

• Members

Thanks! My friend sent it to me because she knew that Flannery’s Stephanie is one of my top 5 favorite daytime characters. Miss her!

Love your pic as well. I sure do miss Eileen on Y&R.  Her absence is a shame. In more competent hands, her final Y&R story would have re-established her as one of GC’s heavyweights had she stayed and been appreciated. Ashley and Jess’s Jill should be giving Victor and Jack a run for their money... and by extension, continually putting Nick, Victoria, Cane, and Billy in their places. 

• Members

Jill sure is getting the love on this board and I echoed the same. Just because Jess is semi-retired, she could easily be featured 5 episodes a month, 62 episodes a year, that would drive the hell out of story with Jill calling the shots. That would give Jess 5 days' work in LA a month, she'd easily do that.

I imagine the feedback is going to be brutal about the Rosales family. I slated them.

It was interesting to see Jill/Traci/Lauren/Christine listed in every single question, the research on all of them must be positive.

• Members

One of my specific comments was for the question about the character and what you'd like to see them doing and this is what I addressed directly. Jill is a standalone lead character, not a 'talk to' for Billy and Cane. She should be on par with Jack and Victor. 

Agreed. She elevates every single episode she's in.

Archived