Y&R survey

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think they'll read it.

Will they take the comments seriously? That's another question all together.

I kept repeating to put the emphasis back on the vets and those connected to them. My one character I miss the most is Jill. I know Jess Walton semi-retired, but the show really needs the complex character with such a long history living back in the Chancellor mansion and driving story.

I also wrote that it felt as if the show was trying to drive away long-term viewers on purpose as crazy as that sounds.

• Members

Rey isn't bad IMO. They problem is that Mal did for him the same thing JFP did for Dylan. It was too much then and it's too  much now. Rey's been handed it all:

Not 1 but 2 rivals in Nick and Arturo

Not 1 but 2 love interests in Sharon and Mia

A job which gives him so much to do and they've purposely written story for him to be on constantly

Came on immediately thrust into story with the shows main players

Only thing Mal didn't do was retcon history to make him John or Jack's son. 

• Members

I wrote in for Jess’s Jill in all ways and said that it is a shame that we do not see her running the Chancellor manse and that she is not the equal of Victor and Jack, especially in these times if the show should stay in any way relevant. Those three should be running the show, especially because Jill is an original character. I also said that Paul can stay away and the aggressive introduction of Rosales characters is offensive.

• Members

Balance.  I also discussed how much I miss the dramatics of how the show was produced- dark lighting, lush scenery, and the classic music.

And I talked about Hilary and Ashley- two characters/actors the show should not have let slip away.  I specifically said that I would like to see Jill, Lauren and Ashley be treated like the show would treat Jack.  Always a love interest.  Always a business story.  Always a rivalry.  Always allowed to have layers.  Those women deserve that.  Let Jack ride the back burner for a year.  Or ten as with Jill.

No point at this time to tell them that Phyllis is still too young for me and would have made a better Victoria.  Those ships have sailed.

• Members

Did anyone else notice that all major recurring characters, like Jill, Traci, Lauren, Christine, and even Noah, were choices on multiple questions, but Paul was completely absent?   Even Neil who has been off screen for months was a choice.  Doug Davidson really made somebody mad at either Sony or CBS to be so callously cut out of the show. 

Archived