NOTICE: What Happened, How It Was Resolved and Moving Forward

Sign in to follow this  
Fevuh

Kelly Clarkson Talk Show picked up by NBC

Just read Kelly's show got picked up by NBC to air before Ellen - some are reporting Steve Harvey's show will be dropped (I really don't know if he only aired on NBC or if other networks carry him), others are wondering if they will cancel DAYS since it's only renewed through Summer of 2019.

There is already a thread on this in Off Topic. :)

I do hope this isn't bad new for DAYS....

10 minutes ago, YRBB said:

There is already a thread on this in Off Topic. :)

I do hope this isn't bad new for DAYS....

Sorry - I looked really quickly but didn't check off-topics.   I would say regardless if you are a DAYS fan, just hope Kelly's show tanks because it would just be more evidence that daytime has enough talk shows and news shows. 

4 hours ago, John said:

Maybe its not for NBC but produced by Universal for syndication?

That's correct. It's not an NBC network show, it's a syndicated show produced by NBC. 

20 hours ago, Fevuh said:

Sorry - I looked really quickly but didn't check off-topics. 

No worries! It happens.

22 hours ago, Fevuh said:

Sorry - I looked really quickly but didn't check off-topics.   I would say regardless if you are a DAYS fan, just hope Kelly's show tanks because it would just be more evidence that daytime has enough talk shows and news shows. 

I wouldn't worry. Talk shows have a low success rate. Think of how many have come and gone. This show is just replacing another failed one.

I dunno. Kelly is better equipped for success in the daytime talk show format than most. She’s very relatable and down-to-earth in a way Katie, Meredith (who works in a newsier context), Anderson, Tyra, et al just aren’t. It really depends on her producers and how they choose to position her.

Edited by Faulkner

21 minutes ago, BetterForgotten said:

I mean, I guess her pop career is now past its prime now that she's doing daytime talk? 

Hey, it’s not like it’s a step down money-wise. The reality is she’s pushing 40 in an era where big voices are out of fashion, and she may not want to always tour to make a buck as a mom with young kids. Like with Steve Harvey and Ellen, it could mean a big branding push that leads to endorsements and all sorts of opportunities.