Plots You're Tired of on Soaps

• Members

Worn out triangles and relationships.  Liam/Wyatt/Hope/Steffy - Insert extra person.  On B&B next - Brooke being a total manipulative baby-talking whore that never gets called out on it but berates everyone else for similar behavior, not nearly as bad as hers.  Now Hope is the same.  Ya got the man that Steffy gave to you, ya got the baby, ya got the marriage and ya still can't toss a morsel to someone yet they are the "good girls".  Logans are always the good girls. They're whores.  And today I tuned in at the end and saw Brooke goin' after Steffy....I wish Steffy would PUNCH her and then go hunt down her daughter.  I used to be a Hope/Brooke fan...fan of the Logans since the beginning.  Brooke can go now.  She needs to be killed off in a nice little murder mystery and let her be GONE.  Especially since she mentioned to Steffy - you SLEPT with your HUSBAND'S DAD!  And she JUST had LUNCH with him and conspired AGAINST HER OWN SISTER.  AND SAID...we can't tell anyone about this! 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Back from the deads! No deaths mean sh¡t if you know they'll probably be back, no matter how they're killed off. There's no impact.

Also, barely legal characters and twenty somethings rushing to get married and have kids. 90% of the time, they don't have jobs, and I'm pretty sure that only 2% of soap characters have ever gone to college! Not even business school! Yet you want to start a family?!

• Members

I'm tired of these younger male characters dating women old enough to be their mother's on the show. When they do it the opposite way with young women and older men they make sure to tell us how inappropriate it is. It's like a rite of passage that every young male must have his first big relationship on the show with and older woman. For the most part I find people in their 20s date people their age.

• Members

I tell you what I'm actually truly tired of, certain characters having constant storylines especially when it rests on the same tired premise.

For example, on Y&R, the entire Victor vs. Jack feud is so thoroughly tired, tired, tired!  Since the show can't seem to write anything interesting for either of these two characters, other than the same old power struggle, someone needs to write an honest to goodness "War of the Roses" chandalier moment for these two.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I'm sick of disempowering female characters in order to "humanize" them.  Wealthy women find love with poor men in order to learn the lesson that money isn't everything.  Overpowering mothers loose their partner in order to learn not to set their standards too high.  If a woman is a bitch beyond repair then she gets breast cancer to learn the importance of relationships.

Stop making female characters lower their standards in order to maintain a relationship.

Iris Cory shouldn't have to give up her access to familial wealth to please her husband Brian.  Eric Forrester was not a good man for cheating on Stephanie because she was too harsh with the kids. And Katherine Chancellor should not get absolved of all of her past transgressions against Jill because she got sick. 

Let a bitch be a bitch and stop trying to teach grown female characters lessons.