Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I've said it before but I'm actually beyond tired of family members swapping sex partners like they're aren't enough people living in these cities. It's not even shocking as it's become the norm. It's just ridiculous and disgusting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baby switches! There have been about a billion since 2004. Every other year there's a baby switch. And it never ever impacts the canvas once whoever lost a baby gets their baby back. 

 

On that note, dead babies. Enough. These people lose children as frequently as some people lose socks.

 

Long-lost children. These writers/execs think that just making someone related to a main family will make us care. They don't bother with having it make sense with the characters or the timeline of the show, as long as your Bright Shiny New Thing shares DNA with someone we care about we'll fall in line. See: Ethan on GH, Anna's random son with Faison on GH, Niki and Paul's impossible son on Y&R, Nina's child on GH no one gives a sh!t about on GH because no one likes her, etc.

Edited by Darn
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Darn said:

Baby switches! There have been about a billion since 2004. Every other year there's a baby switch. And it never ever impacts the canvas once whoever lost a baby gets their baby back. 

 

On that note, dead babies. Enough. These people lose children as frequently as some people lose socks.

 

Long-lost children. These writers/execs think that just making someone related to a main family will make us care. They don't bother with having it make sense with the characters or the timeline of the show, as long as your Bright Shiny New Thing shares DNA with someone we care about we'll fall in line. See: Ethan on GH, Anna's random son with Faison on GH, Niki and Paul's impossible son on Y&R, Nina's child on GH no one gives a sh!t about on GH because no one likes her, etc.

You basically covered my issue with long lost children on soaps. Make work for some viewers but it sure isn't working for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Doppelgängers and long-lost twins - Stories in which lookalikes take the place of a known character make everyone involved look stupid. You’re going to tell me that a character’s not going to notice differences in mannerisms or if there’s intimacy involved, differences in body hair, muscle mass, or anatomy?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

brain tumors/bipolar disorder/multiple personalities to write a character out of a hole after they have done something foul, usually killing someone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Oh and speaking of which, rapists, murderers, and abusers turned into heroes who have the moral high ground.

 

Welcome to GH's day to day!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

 

Welcome to GH's day to day!  

I feel like GH is one of the worst with this. Everyone who would be considered a villain on other soaps is a hero or heroine on that show. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

single soap families of color being counted as diversity.

 

15 minutes ago, YRfan23 said:

Behind the scenes politics!

While these are big issues they aren't plots. These are more like things that annoy you about soaps in general.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Truthfully, I'm not tired of any plots on soaps.  I'm just tired of so many plots on soaps being written badly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Khan said:

Truthfully, I'm not tired of any plots on soaps.  I'm just tired of so many plots on soaps being written badly.

 

This! 

I'm tired of poorly written plots with awkward execution and awful premises. 

 

A good writer can make many things work and there isn't much that one can say is truly new, everything is rooted in some type of common theme that has existed in the past, but it's the writing and execution that makes a concept appear original and different.

 

For the past fifteen+ years, many soap writers haven't even been trying, every storyline is so utterly recycled and constructed so shoddily.

Edited by DramatistDreamer
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, frequentsoapfan said:

 

While these are big issues they aren't plots. These are more like things that annoy you about soaps in general.

haha I know, but remember the BTS stuff is also a soap!

Please register in order to view this content
 

but in general, I think Love Triangles are what I'm mostly tired of honestly....I know they are a big trademark on soaps, but there isn't ONE that is written well or enjoyable...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Community Activity

    1. 33,164

      Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

    2. 9,839

      Guiding Light discussion thread

    3. 6,740

      Another World

    4. 9,839

      Guiding Light discussion thread

    5. 7,891

      AMC Tribute Thread

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy