Possible "The Nanny" revival in the works?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I enjoyed the show and I didn't feel like the characters were ruined, but they did stretch out the will they/won't they too long, and the last season you could tell it was time to go. 

They're in a better position than many revivals, as most of the cast seems to still be around, but I do wonder if there's a good reason for this. And it won't be the same without Yetta. Is the woman who played Fran's mother still acting?

I'd say maybe a reunion movie, but I don't know about anything else.

• Members

I'm with you. (I enjoyed the show as well but felt the last season or two it was time to go; having watched it a lot again now that it's on LOGO I enjoy it still). I think the woman who played Fran's mother did a guest stint a few years back on her TV Land sitcom but that was of course a few years ago now. I'd hope so.

I don't necessarily see the appeal of a series again. But I guess many could say that about all of the revivals.

I'm not totally against revivals, honestly. I enjoy seeing the casts get back together. But I also understand those sort of exhausted by the idea. We are so used to living in a world where, when a show is gone, it's gone and I think many still live in that mentality. It's hard to come back around.

Imagine in the 90s if Three's Company came back? or All in the Family. It's weird to think about. But "back in the day" there was The Brady Brides, The Bradys, Gilligan movies, The Munsters and Addams were rebooted with new and less than stellar casts, Leave it to Beaver reunited for a revival ... we went back to Mayberry a few times. I guess revival series are the new reunion movies. (Oh, Green Acres, I Dream of Jeannie, Dallas until it became it's own revival ...)

lol

And to be fair, Growing Pains, Facts of Life, etc. all had reunion movies. Hell, remember the trash that was Mary & Rhoda (nothing against MTM and Valerie Harper, but lawd I hated it)?

Now they'd all be reboots on television or streaming. It's really no different.

I'm kind of stuck on this thought too. I'm not against, like a movie, but I don't really care about a series again, as much as I did enjoy it.

It seems they took the idea of a reunion movie, like back in the day, and now everything becomes a revival series, lol.

lol

Personally I'm shocked it's taken this long. I actually never even thought about The Nanny being revived when I was thinking of reboots.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for my Family Matters and Sister, Sister revivals ... and no one but Paul Reiser is waiting for a Mad About You revival.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I never watched The Nanny when it originally aired but fell in love with it some years later in reruns on Lifetime. I'd be down for a reunion / 6 episode arc limited run. I love Fran Drescher and would love to see how the cast is doing. Guess I'm in the minority on this one. Oh well!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Unfortunately, I do.  Boy, talk about a letdown.  All that hype, and for what?  M&R was written, produced and directed by folks who had no connections whatsoever to the series.  Ergo, I guess it was bound to be disappointing.