Possible "The Nanny" revival in the works?

• Members

Watching the Bradys grapple with weightier topics like that was the epitome of ridiculousness -- more ridiculous, IMO, than watching them in their own variety show.  (And "The Brady Bunch Variety Hour" was pretty damn bad, let me tell you.)  Especially when, up to that point, the greatest "tragedy" to befall the clan had been the cursed tiki idol that they had found during their Hawaiian vacay.  Even the actors themselves laughed about the stupidity of their characters being thrust into the soap opera-like storylines.

Edited by Khan

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Brady Bunch Variety show at least had them play it off as being so bad (i.e. being in on the joke).

I think a Nanny reunion special would work better.  Reunion movies were so big back in the day (That Girl was going to do one but the male lead passed away when it was still in pre-production).

• Members

the only time the entire cast got back together was TBGGM. and it was very good. to me. they had a Christmas reunion that was sugary like TBB was, but it was very good. The Bradys? CBS said it would be a dramedy, but they added a laugh track in the final two episodes and used Marcia's alcohol problem as a punchline. all kids of truly awful. 

• Members

I really liked A Very Brady Christmas, not gonna lie. I remember it aired in 1988, had the highest ratings for a TV movie that year, and they reran it for years on local stations all through the 90's.  There's always a Brady daughter that sits out during a new incarnation, though. No Jan for the variety hour, no Cindy for the Christmas movie, no Marcia for the drama series. 

• Members

The only time they were all back together was for the Brady Girls Get Married.  Whatever they called ABC Family used to show Brady Girls Get Married, Brady Brides and the Drama series on a regular basis.  I had to buy the Christmas Movie last year when it came out on DVD.

• 1 year later...