Y&R: June Spoilers

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here are some spoilers (reworded) From SID for the week of June 11th:

Jack is going to try and find out more about his true identity. Nikki is going to visit Sharon and give her a warning,  and Nick is going to make a promise that will be chilling. Sharon's questions is also going to be called into question. Charlie is going to be very smitten by Shauna, and Hilary and Devon are going to celebrate reuniting with each other. 

Today is also the day that Lily catches Shauna in Charlie's bed and assumes the worst about  them. However, after hearing Shauna's story will end up being sympathetic to Shauna and offer to let her stay in Mattie's room, but Hilary will says it's best that Shauna live with her and Devon.

In light of the recent news about Mishael leaving Y&R, I do wonder what will end up happening in Hilary/Devon' storyline. I hope the rumor from TV Source about how Hilary will exit isn't true, but I do think that she could get a sad exit (where her and the baby might die).

• Members

I definitely don't want to see that either. But I think that may be where we are headed. Especially since they will have her and Devon reunite and be happy with each other. Had it been announced that she was leaving the show before the character got pregnant, then I could have seen a situation where she would have done some failed scheme to get Devon back and she leaves town alive after he found out. But now I think it may be a sadder exit. I also wonder when her last airdate is.

• Members

After reading some recent spoilers, I think that they are going to have Summer try to seduce and maybe even succeed in seducing Billy. Spoilers from soaps.com say that she is going to end up being in a nightie around Billy and will ask him if he's attracted to her. She will tell him that she thinks he' s hot for her. 

Spoilers also stated that he is going to try and play mediator between her and Phyllis. He will do this while she does stuff that annoys Phyllis like get a new car from Victor  (after Phyllis refuses to get a her a new one.) Summer is going to tell him she will try and get along with Phyllis only because of him. I think that Summer will end up trying to go after Billy romantically.

Also, SID has spoilers that mention that Sharon will be blackmailing Nikki. Sharon is going to impulsively blackmail NIkki with the truth about coming clean regarding JT's death if Nikki doesn't try and get Victor to drop the custody suit for Christian. 

• Members

Summer has been through too much to act like that with her mother's new boyfriend.

The story would be more suited for 17 year-old Lucy Romalotti (remember her?) who comes sto stay with Granny for the summer. At least be creative while you are ruining the show Mal. 

• Members

The genius of Mal Young is that he was able to convince enough people that he would bring something classic and new, while he only succeeded in ramping up the worst of the soap tropes in storylines and the most contrived characterizations.

How Hilary is rumored to come to an end doesn't surprise me.  Mal sees certain characters as being completely dispensible, regardless of how popular they were or are currently. 

The way the JT character was demolished for no good payoff should've been people's first indication.

Also, Mal revels in unrelenting misery.  He considers it a staple and practically a precondition for effective drama.  The problem is that it has not been effective, at least in his execution.

• Members

Here is the new promo for next week:

I like the clips of the different couples showcasing romance. Also, in the promo they show a clip of Summer accusing Billy of being attracted to her. But she's trying to make it seem like he's sneaking peaks at her when the truth is probably that she keeps walking around the house dressed inappropriately and it's making him uncomfortable. 

• Members

I don't know if you ever watched ATWT in the mid '00s but Tamara Tunie and Lamman Rucker had a very fiery combative relationship that led to a steamy affair before TPTB ruined it by making Rucker's character Marshall Travers into this rapist-type character, which I absolutely hated.

I imagine that Y&R could do a similar thing (minus the rape) with Neil and this character played by Headley.

I mentioned Shari Headley due to her wealth of daytime soap acting experience and I've seen her in roles where she can give plenty of attitude.

There were times that Dru was combative with Neil and it usually made Neil a sharper, more lively character.  I remember a scene where Dru and Neil had just slept with each other and the morning after they were arguing and I thought it was one of the funniest scenes I'd ever seen on daytime because it seemed so realistic.

In real life, KSJ seems to have a good sense of humor and he can play comedy well (he did it before he did the soaps), I don't know why Y&R insists on always making him 'the heavy'.  

I think it could be interesting to see Neil match wits (and various body parts

Please register in order to view this content

) with a seasoned (aka who is around his age) and strong Black woman character.  He really has lacked that since Dru left.  Leslie and Hilary were too young and paired better with other characters.  Shari Headley is a seasoned pro, who I could see making this work.  

Ironically Shari Headley has Trinidadian heritage, like Tatiania Ali and Mishael Morgan.  Trinis can fling plenty attitude!

Archived