Y&R May 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

And of course Daniel Goddard made a twitter post saying what a "great dad" Cane was for defending Charlie! 

Please register in order to view this content

I was so tempted to say: "Cane owes the entire family an apology for rudely barging in on them during that big reveal"

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Made no sense to me that Jack turned so viciously on Dina the past couple days. To get ugly like that? No way.

The Simone story turn seems like a “Let’s drop this” to me.  I’ll never believe this was planned.

Modeling auditions take place in Devon’s office? WTF??? That was ridiculous, and so was the scene with Lily and Abby prepping the models.

• Members

Simone was never anything to begin with. Everytime she came on she had the same conversation with Devon. "you didn't call so I was worrird". Her purpose was to have Hilary act jealous, give the show a reason to string out this reunion, give Hevon a reason to argue, plus give Hilary a reason to lie for a  sweeps story. 

• Members

I guess Jack had no right to be pissed off at his mother. I guess he had no right to blast her in his anger after everyone there found out a family secret that has changed his life, no matter if she  has Alzheimer's or not. yes, Jack should have waited and said what he said after she was upstairs....but when he heard her revisionist history, he snapped. he made a big mistake. guess I have to get over all the characters not being perfect.

• Members

See...I was actually surprised he didn't say anything to her in the theater.  It was harsh, but I could understand him reaching the boiling point especially after Dina was painting such a rosy picture of her marriage to John.

And you're right @ajsp35801 Simone was a "D" character at best.  They never bothered to show her POV or even who she was outside of a singer and attraction to Devon.  

• Members

I'm PAGES behind but yasss to this. I was right there with you wishing they were Moses and Anna instead. I like Charlie interacting with Neil. I wish he were Moses instead. It's ridiculous they aged Lily and Cane's twins. The children were fine and could have reacted to the affair mess. It might have even been better to have it be children and not moody teenagers.

• Members

Agreed on both points. 

Jack's paternity SL is out of left field, but today's Abbott scenes were well done.  Even Kyle was softer today which is something they needed to do weeks ago.

I also liked the Sharon/Mariah scenes.  Overall, not a bad Mom's day eppy.

• Members

Great episode today

Poor Tracy 

Please register in order to view this content

I don't care about Jack and his angst, sorry

I hate that Lily is stuck mothering Cane's bastard child. Hillary going over to say hi to the kid and her talking about her mom with Devon was good though

Sharon and Nikki 

She brings heart to the family/whole show.

Archived