Series You Initially Loved, Then Abandoned and Never Finished

Faulkner

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I tend to avoid NBC shows in the last 20 years, after they got so up themselves in the Must See TV era, but brainwashing a character from gay to straight (and I don't care what Bryan Fuller says, I won't put all of that on the actor) made me never go anywhere near that show.

• Members

I stuck with HEROES the entire first season until the big explosive finale they'd built up during the year ended with a wimper. I did tune in for the first episode of season 2 after that massive disappointment but knew it was over and never looked back.

• Members

Didn't I read somewhere that "Heroes"'s creator, Tim Kring, was not himself a comic book fan?  To me, it would seem strange for a non-comic book fan to create and run a series that is supposed to be inspired from comic books.

Has anyone mentioned "Under the Dome"?  I never watched the show, but I know a lot of viewers who initially loved the series in time grew to hate-watch it.  (Not surprising, since Neal Baer was the show's EP.  Baer and Kring are DREADFUL showrunners.)

• Members

That suicide episode was a hell of a tearjerker though. 

Yeah, the implanted memories Dr. Caspian encouraged on Georgie, thinking her father molested her, made no sense. I only remember the doctor's name because for years afterwards, if I heard the name "Caspian" I instantly cringed. 

I have such a soft spot for this cast. Swoosie Kurtz 

Please register in order to view this content

Sela Ward 

• Members

I must add another one: The Simpsons. That show was just so important to me as a kid (I wore out my Simpsons Sing the Blues cassette, with Lisa singing “God Bless the Child), but I just sort of outgrew it even as critics were still touting it as The Best Show on Television. I don’t even remember when I stopped watching. I respect it, and it truly was endlessly clever, but I think to myself, that show’s still on? It probably will be until Matt Groening or one of the principal cast members passes away or linear TV is obsolete, whatever happens first.

• Members

You read right about Kring. Bryan Fuller being there at one point with his long of comics helped to restore some of HEROES luster only to leave to create his own shows and Kring ruined the vibe again from what I remember. Never made it all the way through the last season due to moving.

Same. Was sad to see it go. And annoyed they killed Sydney again given the hype they had surrounding her return.

• Members

Two things about Charmed that I have never, ever understood at:

1. How did sexy, interesting male characters like Andy, Cole, and Kyle get killed off yet the unwashed dolt that was Leo lasted around ALL EIGHT SEASONS?

2. How did Kaley Cuoco even manage to have a successful career comeback after some of her "performances" on Charmed? 

Between the show moving from Thursdays to Sundays, the mermaid two-partner(why was it a two-part storyline?!!?) and Cole's departure it was all enough for me tune out and I only returned for the final few eps, which were really bad. I've seen most the last three seasons of the show in reruns on TNT, I'm glad I didn't miss anything. 

After Carl's mention of Angel, I forgot that The WB's greatest shows such as Buffy, Angel, Charmed, Felicity, and Dawson's Creek all unfortunately became pitiful to watch in their later seasons. 

• Members

So funny you would mention this because I remember the end of part 1 is exactly the moment I said to myself, "What the fυck did I just watch?!??!"

And I never came back again full-time after that.

I always think as the first 4 seasons as decent, then a really mixed bag with all that school of magic and whatever stuff, and I'm not sure I've ever seen anything from Season 8.

Archived