GH February 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

Seeing Lindze Letherman reminded me why  loathe JFP.

Spinelli breaking into " Danny Boy"     O_O   Maeve Ryan is glaring with a look of disapproval.

Less Nina from here, Please

Please register in order to view this content

Or any day that Franko is involved. Seriously, can Greg Evigan drag him offscreen with him? (Of course, Jim will be the one that pushed Drew).

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, on a show with weather machines, aliens and "life-like latex masks," anything is possible.  But who da fuq said viewers were OKAY with the weather machines, the aliens and the latex masks?  Y'all KNOW I'm down for remembering a show's history, but even I know that every soap has parts of its history that, for everyone's sake, are best left unmentioned.

IOW: if that is the best argument or counter-argument that Mr. Farting Bus can make to what appears on the surface to be just a general, WTF?, character-contradicting moment, then Lord, this show is so fucked.

• Members

Here is my problem with Anna having a child with Faison.  It does add a lot of texture to their past scenes, and added risk.  But not if Faison is dead.  With Faison dead, the danger is gone from the story.

The one thing that made Anna and Faison compelling is that it was a tie to her failure and betrayal as a WSB agent.  It was the element of her character that was unlike Robert or most of the hero’s of GH’s 1980’s heyday.  Anna could be dangerous. And Faison could be scary.  Now all that is past tense.  Casting a truly compelling actor and seeing Faison try to use this child against Anna was what would have given this story legs.

• Members

I "get" why they did it. I hate it. The tweet from Van Etten annoys the piss out of me.

I was giving praise to Shelly and Chris (well, as much as I could) but I'm not loving the direction of the show and for a brief time, I actually was.

I hate boring Wes Ramsey. I hate Anna has a kid with Faison. I hate that Laura was shipped out in the middle of a promising story.

I'm glad my watching has become few and far between.

And I see they trotted out Georgie to take Nathan to heaven

Please register in order to view this content

Laura gets shipped out of town for her annoying grandson and Nathan gets a "special episode" send off. Please.

Same. I'm not really watching it play out but I keep up and I *hate* it.

With the Jason return, and the show as a whole I thought Shelly and Chris were going in a decent direction but, and I'm assuming FrankenVarni interfered, now it's going to hell. No it wasn't a perfect show but I though things were falling into place nicely.

And are they really still trying to push Kim and Julian? They have NOOOOOOOOOOOOO chemistry Frank! STOP TRYING TO MAKE FETCH HAPPEN. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! (This goes for a lot of couples and characters on this show, all seemingly with Frank's hands all over them)

Frank is such a massive problem but I don't think Varni is any better. For me I saw some potential in Chris and Shelly, so it's clear to me the messy turn has to be Frank. Or Chris and Shelly are just going for shock value and don't care. Van Etten doesn't seem to as evidence by his tweet. At least he didn't melt down like Ron would have LOL

• Members

That's good. I'm curious to see Max Gail as Mike but I'm still pretty behind. Obviously I keep up with what happens but I'm only at where Faison returned. I've found myself struggling to find the energy to watch the rest even though I enjoy seeing Anders Hove again screaming at everyone. I wish Faison would take out half the cast.

Archived