Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dragonflies

"Mad About You" revival

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, dragonflies said:

Okay that's it, let's just revive every single show ever and get it over with already lol

 

 

 

NO!

18 minutes ago, soapfan770 said:

Was there even a demand for this? 

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

NO!

:lol:

 

This is actually one of the last shows I see ever getting some type of revival. It didn't age well at all and failed almost immediately in syndication, too NYC-centric, too mean spirited, and really only survived on the back on Helen Hunt and the very underrated Anne Ramsey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, soapfan770 said:

Was there even a demand for this? 

 

For real. One of those high rated NBC shows of the 90’s that had a large audience but very little fans, ya know? 

 

Gimme me a SISTERS revival first. Even if just a 9 episode arc like Roseanne. Sela Ward, Swoozie Kurtz etc. let’s see what’s been going on in Winnetka, IL the past 21 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just thinking about Paul Reiser the other day. I saw him on Jimmy Fallon and remembered how endearing he is, but is it wrong that I associate him more with My Two Dads than Mad About You?

 

Mad About You wasn't even a top 10 show in its heyday (maybe 1994/1995?), but it had a solid premise and great starring and supporting cast. Leila Kenzle was a riot, while John Pankow was wonderfully cast as Ira.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mango said:

I was just thinking about Paul Reiser the other day. I saw him on Jimmy Fallon and remembered how endearing he is, but is it wrong that I associate him more with My Two Dads than Mad About You?

 

Mad About You wasn't even a top 10 show in its heyday (maybe 1994/1995?), but it had a solid premise and great starring and supporting cast. Leila Kenzle was a riot, while John Pankow was wonderfully cast as Ira.

The show only reached the top 30 in ratings twice and both times it was at #24 for the year with about 10 mill viewers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mango said:

I was just thinking about Paul Reiser the other day. I saw him on Jimmy Fallon and remembered how endearing he is, but is it wrong that I associate him more with My Two Dads than Mad About You?

 

Mad About You wasn't even a top 10 show in its heyday (maybe 1994/1995?), but it had a solid premise and great starring and supporting cast. Leila Kenzle was a riot, while John Pankow was wonderfully cast as Ira.

 

That's also what I tend to associate him with.

 

Mad About You was another show that got critical hype but the viewers never had a lot of interest. The critics turned on it in the last years due to some sort of marital crisis story, and by that time the ratings were in the toilet. 

 

I've never really gotten Helen Hunt's appeal, myself. For me her best work was on St. Elsewhere as Jack Morse's college student girlfriend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gray Bunny said:

This reminds me: when’s the last time Helen Hunt was in a movie? Didn’t she win an Oscar for As Good As It Gets? 

 

 

She was nominated for a Supporting Actress Oscar in 2012 for THE SESSIONS, where she played a sex therapist. Never saw the movie, but I do remember when she was bragging about saving money on her dress because she bought it at H&M. She deluded herself into thinking people couldn't tell. Trust me, I and everyone else really, really could.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The premise of a married couple grappling with "empty nest syndrome" is timely, considering where the baby boomers are now.  But I'm not sure if I would want to tell those stories through the lens of these characters.  The original "Mad About You" was a pretty damn annoying show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DRW50 said:

 

That's also what I tend to associate him with.

 

Mad About You was another show that got critical hype but the viewers never had a lot of interest. The critics turned on it in the last years due to some sort of marital crisis story, and by that time the ratings were in the toilet. 

 

I've never really gotten Helen Hunt's appeal, myself. For me her best work was on St. Elsewhere as Jack Morse's college student girlfriend. 

 

Her best work was in Quarterback princess in 1983 as well as the kathy Miller story.  For me, she's quirky...neither hot nor ugly...but there is something about her that is fascinating to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Gray Bunny said:

 

For real. One of those high rated NBC shows of the 90’s that had a large audience but very little fans, ya know? 

 

Gimme me a SISTERS revival first. Even if just a 9 episode arc like Roseanne. Sela Ward, Swoozie Kurtz etc. let’s see what’s been going on in Winnetka, IL the past 21 years. 

OMG I love Sister's! Was obsessed with it. I love me some Sela Ward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×