Shortest Wait Between Roles?

• Members

Larkin Malloy most likely wins this crown*. The Edge of Night ended Friday, Dec. 28, 1984. On Monday, Dec. 31, his first scenes on Guiding Light aired.

*Who knows, maybe there were under-fives that went from one studio to another back during the live era?

Anyway, who else has examples of actors that weren't out of work for longer than, oh, six months?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good topic!

I have read that Don Hastings moved from Edge of Night (as Jack Lane)to ATWT (as Bob Hughes) in the same week in 1960.

Patty Weaver went from Days as Trish in Aug 82 to Y&R as Gina by October 82.

George Reinholt and Jacquie Courtney went from AW in 1975 to OLTL in a matter of months.

• Members

A couple more from AWHP:

Sharon Gabet from Raven to Brittany (2.5 months)

Joanna Going from Evie to Lisa (1 month)

David Forsyth from Hogan to John (3.5 months)

(I see there's a whole section on other soap roles. Maybe for a rainy afternoon.)

Very nice!

• Members

Before I opened this thread, Larkin was exactly who I thought of first because he was the reason I even started watching GL. I literally was watching EON that final week, then GL on Monday.

Add to the AW migrations after the finale aired at the end of June 1999, David Andrew Macdonald started appearing on GL about a week into July.

• Members

Patrick Tovatt's IMDB page and AWHP indicates he did this in two consecutive years, from GL-AW (two days in March '85) and AW-SFT. (don't have all the dates, but he left AW in Aug. '86 and was in SFT's last cast four months later).

Archived