GH: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Clearly she does. Twitter would been the last place I'd run for sympathy if I was a writer on GH. GH fans on Twitter are just as ruthless as that lady was in the airport. 

These writers need to get out the writer's room every now and then and interact with fans. Maybe then they'd realize what they need to fix.

• Members

This is exactly why GH won't improve anytime soon. Frank, Varni and the writers refuse to listen to any criticism. In their minds GH is the best it has ever been or the best it can be. This really upsets me because GH was my favorite soap for years, but with these people in charge nothing will ever change.

• Members

OK, if she's telling the truth about this, then I'm with her. Although she should have made that clear with the original tweet AND that woman is right -- soaps as they stand now are, generally speaking, TRASH.

• Members

Again, she shouldn't complain. Soaps put themselves in the position they are in by not changing with the times. Soaps used to blaze the trails. Now they are viewed as low brow and cheesy. I don't know why she is offended now. She (along with the rest) should've been offended nearly a decade ago when their shows were being mocked on shows like Chelsea Lately and The Soup. 

Primetime TV and streaming platform shows are profiting off the format soaps were perfecting over 2 decades ago. The second soaps stop with the campy storytelling and go back to their roots of telling stories rooted in realism and ripped from the headlines, these shows might bounce back.

Archived