Days: July 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ron's clearly going to go down some roads fans hate:  he's treading on bad soap territory with the Hattie/Bonnie plot.  But in six episodes he was able to raise the acting chops of Marcie, Jordi, and a few others.  He wasn't able, however, to do anything to bring to live the brain dead James Lastovic.  My word: that boy is catatonic

• Members

Both of these scenes were really good. Abe and Valerie were very sweet, and we got a 3-minute romantic scene that doesn't advance plot with Steve and Kayla. I mean, I nearly swooned. That stuff is rare. The way they lit the Brady Pub during Steve's surprise is how it should always be lit at night

Please register in order to view this content

Budget alert: Was the chain Kayla got the same thing Valerie got without the trinkets so it would be 'different.' Looked the same! 

And, hell, I even enjoyed that part of Gabi and Chad's argument where Gabi just took everything Chad said and made it worse: Insecure?!!!?! lol No, I have not been kidnapped and replaced by a lookalike!

They're having a lot of subtle fun with Kate and Andre, like Kate stealing his glass (were they drinking Mountain Dew? It looked like it) and then later Andre stealing her glass.

I really hope they keep up this energy and mixture of silliness/character moments. They do that and we're good!

• Members

I agree, what it is they have...it.

Especially her, she's very good. I don't know if it's because she's new but it's rare to find a young soap actor that elevates pretty basic material.

Apropos of nothing but Billy Flynn reminds me of Shia Lebouf.

I don't care for this doppelgänger story mostly because I feel Marlena has had some variation of this plot for the past 30 years. 

Archived