How to fix the mess that is The Bold and The Beautiful?

• Members

No, personally I don't think Scott Clifton deserved his Emmy. I guess he can be seen as likeable, if you're generous, but he's certainly no great thespian.

I'm not surprised no other actor from B&B has won Lead Actor before, The men on B&B has mostly been playing second fiddle to the women. Yes Ridge was an important character but I don't think anyone can, or will, deny that it has been the women that has dominated this show.

And just for the record, Susan Flannery won 3 Best Actress Emmys (2000, 2002, 2003) and Heather Tom has won 2 so far (2013, 2013) for their work on B&B.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw that on the news and just laughed.  Honestly I think they should eliminate the Daytime Drama awards - it's fine for the rest of the Daytime programming but when there's only 4 shows left, there's no competition.  It makes me mad that a show or an actor/actress will go down in history for anything as "the only person ever to...."  "the only show ever to...." win XX or the most emmies.  Because that's what's going to happen - and very few of these people nor the shows would have gotten a nomination much less won an emmy back when there were at least 8 or 10 shows on the air.  All 4 get nominated for Best Show....???  None of the 4 shows were deserving of "best show", "best writing,"  etc....Gina Tognoni won while on GL a couple of times in the Supporting category.  I could see her getting through the nomination process and possibly winning if 8 or 10 shows were on.  Clifton I guess made it through the process for Younger Actor and Supporting....but I don't think he ever would have won if there were other choices.  Can you even imagine him being named in a category with David Canary, Maurice Bernard, Tony Geary, Grant Aleksander, Larry Brygmann, Michael Zaslow (back in the day), Charles Keating (back in the day), Roger Howarth,  and so on?  Not the same company as those people and you can keep naming additional...

• Members

Thank you - I thought SF had won three Emmys total, 2 for B&B and 1 for DAYS. I didn't know until now that she had won four total. I think B&B's only other Lead Actor nominee has been John McCook. I know Ian Buchanan was the first performer to win for B&B, but that was as Supporting Actor.

• Members

- Go back to having A, B, C, etc. stories. One story dominating the canvas for 2-3 months is boring. 

- The Avant clan needs to be reestablished to the canvas. Maya, Nicole, and Sasha had too much potential to be pushed aside for retconned Spectras. There also needs to conflict between the sisters. It was criminal how years of story between Sasha/Nicole/Maya was dropped in an instant. Sasha needs to be the modern day Brooke--creating scandal and screwing her way through the young Spencer and Forrester men. Meanwhile, Brooke (though she sees a lot of Sasha in herself) needs to make it her duty to ensure Sasha never lands her claws in the men in her family. 

- There needs a story with Maya facing controversy over being transgendered. This show dropped the ball tremendously by making the entire canvas accept her with so much ease. It should've taken years for close minded characters to change their perspectives. Forrestors should've also experienced a backlash with Maya being the face of their company. 

- This show needs to add a few younger characters. RJ and Coco are not gonna be able to carry the teen set alone. Their stories are gonna grow old. It's time to age Jack and have him come home a bitter, vengeful son ready to ruin RJ's life while guilting Brooke at every turn. 

- Bring Thorne home permanently. The perfect time to do so was when Aly was killed off, but as usual, the show flopped on that. He needs to finally wage war against Ridge running Forrester. Dare I say it, but Thorne needs to learn from Katie about Quinn/Ridge and use that to remove Ridge from his position while falling for Katie in the process. He needs to recruit Zende and Rick in the process of this takeover.

- Hope needs to return. She is the Taylor to Steffy's Brooke. However, instead of changing bedfellows every blue moon, there needs to be actual story and build up behind Steffy/Wyatt/Hope/Liam. 

Archived