Y&R: March 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like that Ravi has a crush on Ashley, but there's not enough chemistry there for it to turn into a full blown romance.  Nor is it there with Ravi/Phyllis.  Ravi would do better I think with Mariah or Abby (only if he's not still carrying a torch for her mom).  Hell, try him with Jill if he's only into older women.  But once they started turning Ash into "seeing him differently" after he wore a tux, it doesn't work.  That thing works best as a crush/infatuation/fantasy for Ravi and nothing more.

I love the idea of Neil/Ashley. 

I missed a few too.  But IA, it seems like he's put this together out of nowhere. 

The pacing is still not improving.  What happened after February?!?  It almost seems like they have no idea what stories to tell week to week or how to structure them.  They have not played Chloe for months.  This would have been much more dramatic if we would have seen her.  They could have thrown her in a couple episodes once a week to keep the story bubbling until this "revelation" of Nick's. 

I actually want to like Jordan, but the show is giving me no reason to invest in him.  @ajsp35801 IA that the Hilary/Jordan and Devon/Mariah scenes were very lightweight.  If they want to drive story with those pairings, the writers are gonna have to give us more than instasex and smiles over coffee.

Gloria today "Kevin is a good man".  What?!?! 

Please register in order to view this content

The show seems so...disjointed.

• Members

The show had ample opportunity to build Devon and Mariah but never did. Instead they focused on Hilary/Mariah antics. Now weve get devon making the stupidest statements as in he and mariah are long time friends and have always been close. All I can think is they're not even close now and only met 4 months ago. The show had some chance to build hilary and Jordan but instead he was saving Lily. Yet, Hilary is sleeping with him out of the blue. They had to have known the story for this guy and his purpose, why not build more so Hilary doesn't look so pathetic. Why not have him save her. 

• Members

Because Y&R hired him to fill Shemar's spot as The All Purpose Black Guy™.

Once Hevon reunite Y&R will throw him into a six month offscreen relationship with a single white female character in need of propping until her next serious relationship then he'll quietly be let go.

Archived