Y&R casting call

• Members

UPDATE: I've checked other sites and Fawn is being described as Asian-American. This Soaps She Knows listing may be incorrect.

"The Young and the Restless" is looking to cast a new, heavily recurring role. 'Fawn', an international sales rep, is an African-American woman in her late 20s to mid 30s, according to Soap Opera Digest.

http://soaps.sheknows.com/the-young-and-the-restless/comings-and-goings

*hm, a future girlfriend for Ravi, perhaps??

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It most certainly did say Asian. WTF!!!!

I copy and pasted, not looking but I looked on other sites which distinctly said Asian, hence the comment about Ravi.

Please register in order to view this content

WTF!

She's being described as Asian-American here.

http://www.soapoperaspy.com/2017/the-young-and-the-restless-news-yr-casting-new-character-named-fawn-for-major-storyline/

• Members

Keemo nor his off spring are coming back although it'd be great for the show. 

Even as an Asian, I don't think she's for Ravi to interact with. I don't think two new unconnected characters sharing screen time together is the best of ideas at this time. Not sure the audience will have the patience for it. 

Maybe she will interact with that younger crowd. Noah, perhaps. But I still figure she's someone to make Hilary jealous. Playing a simular function as the Gwen character who was also Asian. 

• Members

I hope that they would consider bringing back Keemo!  That would be a good move and a smart one.  And even if it is an offspring, that would be a good hit to remembering history and building from it.  I look forward to CLASSIC YR returning and the elegance being restored.  That's one of the the reasons I watched the soap and really got into it along with all of my other soaps.  Seeing the Victor and Nikki wedding from 1984 just brought back all the memories of classic soap opera.  I want that to return.  WISHFUL THINKING right here...but I would love for CBS Daytime to be restored with GL, ATWT, CAPITOL, SFT lol, making it the diamond network again. But that's just wishful thinking.  Just makes me want the old promos back too.

• Members

We will have to wait and see who they cast to have a better idea of what this means. It could be a relative or someone to be featured with Ravi, or it could be someone connected to Keemo or it could just be more diversity. No matter what I love that they're casting another asian actor and bringing in some non-Newman/Abbott's so there's more options for love interests.

Archived