Charmed reboot

YRBB

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

With this, the potential Dynasty reboot, the upcoming Twin Peaks reboot on Showtime and their previous reboots of Beverly Hills, 90210 and Melrose Place, CBS studios is really digging deep into the Aaron Spelling vaults

Please register in order to view this content

What's next? Too bad Charlie's Angels was already rebooted (and failed) for ABC. Another generation of Love Boat?

• Members

It can't possibly be worse than the original show.

Also: Twin Peaks is not a reboot, CBS did not conceive it (it was brought to Showtime by the original creators David Lynch and Mark Frost) and it had nothing to do with Aaron Spelling.

• Members

It's true that Spelling Productions' name is officially linked to it, yes, but Aaron Spelling and his people never had a thing to do with the show. In fact, he hated it. Lynch and Frost simply sold distribution rights to Spelling.

Lynch and co. also had the opportunity to go outside Showtime/CBS with the new show, but chose Showtime.

• Members

Why are they setting it in 1976? Folks need to stay away from period shows unless they have the money and will to make it authentic. One of the reasons I can't watch Fresh Off The Boat is because they do such a lousy job of reflecting the time period it's set in.

• Members

This is probably one of the main reasons, if not the main, that I'm hesitant about this. I think the actual concept of the show very easily lends itself to a reboot, if they get the casting of the Charmed Ones right, since TV & movies are very into sci-fi and fantasy currently. But why 1976? It's almost certain they won't get it right. Also, why not just pick up with the kids, something like Chris vs Wyatt or whatever, and have the ladies guest star?

• Members

Isn't that when the mother (Finola Hughes) was originally from? I don't remember. 

I agree about this issue. I don't think The Goldbergs is very funny, but even if I did, the horrible handling of history and trends would make me tune out. 

Archived