DOOL: August 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yesterday's episode wasn't awful. Probably due to the characters on.

I love Billy Flynn, no he's not the absolute greatest, but he delivers. I like Chad and Belle's friendship. Belle has been written so good lately. Loved her scenes with Claire after shopping as they talked about Mimi married to Shawn, Belle and Philip screwing back then and Chloe being Ghoul Girl. I also think Chloe feels more in character than I remember. But she's been a mess for a long time in terms of the writing. JPL is passable as Philip (I want the character on the canvas and he should be), but that hair? Sigh. I hope they convince JKJ to shave and bathe and come back.

Chad and Jennifer's argument feels repetitive at this point but at least Missy is showing up for work finally. I thought she did great in the support group meeting and in the hotel room with Jack. I sort of like the struggle for Thomas.

LOL at how quickly Adrienne and Lucas get airtime with Higs back. I'm not complaining. Love seeing them. Maybe not together (zzzzzzz) but they're so underused it's criminal. And they're fantastic actors. Dattilo should have been given a contract and airtime immediately after Will's death because he reminded everyone how fantastic he can be.

And it's always a treat to see Doug and Julie. I'm just hopeful they continue to appear. I know they have another couple of appearances next week. One of the best things under Griffith's tenure (and I can maybe credit Milstein and maybe Higs for it) was the decision to finally use Doug and Julie as the matriarch and patriarch of the show. Where they belong.

The less said about Ciara, Theo and Claire, is probably for the best. NONE of the teens are very good. Pettis and Keegan are the better of the teens but even then .... I do like Claire/Theo and Ciara needs to be the bad girl she can be. I think Jovanni tries to play her tough and cool and it comes off as stitled and stiff. She's just not that good. Although Alfonso wasn't always the most amazing actress either ....

Oops. Forgot about Gabi and Sonny. I like that they had scenes at Will's grave. Considering Sonny was shipped out again right after Will's death at least some of it is being dealt with. But it was blink and you miss it. And where the hell is JJ? He's on like once or twice a month. Is Moss being punished? LOL. This is how you lose talented younger actors who actually want to be on your show DAYS.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was nice to see Anne Milbauer. The fab chemistry Anne and Theresa had is gone. Since TPTB watered down former hellion Theresa. Brady spent half the show talking to Daniel's grave:rolleyes:. I like both Chloe and Nicole but the writing for them has been atrocious. I liked JPL as Rex on OLTL. But his a bad Phillip recast. JPL made all kinds of contoured faces on today's show. With Kate buying the B&B from Doug and Julie i hope we see more of that rarely used set, Because i'm sick of Horton Square and the tiny park.

Archived