Jean and Shelly's one year contract up. Will ABC renew?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK.

Stop. It's two soaps. Since when is consultant, especially under insane micromanager/control freak Frons, a writer? She is about 0,00% responsible for what went on screen on the, gasp, whole four months she was there.

+1

A mightily strong opinion for a person who has never even watched the material. I guess Wikipedia makes us all knowledgeable. :rolleyes:

Alden has misfires like ALL good/great headwriters. 

It pisses me off so much that Alden wanted to come back and was a strong possibility, only for JFP to strongly advocate for Pratt. Now THAT'S a hack.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Dear God in Heaven, you have some nerve!

What did Jeanne Cooper do to you? I guess her countless Emmy Nominations were like the Daytime Emmys of the last five years. C'mon, no need for speaking ill of the dead. I always thought JC was not only a talented actress, but also one of the most brazenly straightforward actresses out there.

We're all entitled to our opinions,but if you rarely watched, you missed out on some really great heartbreaking as well as heartwarming scenes.

• Members

I don't think it's comical at all.   I think you have ideas about a show I have always felt is total crap, even when run by the late, great Bill Bell, and you just don't understand how everyone doesn't see the show the way you do.  Yeah, I called her "whatshername".   She wasn't a big deal to me that I had cause to remember her name.   Probably a nice lady, I have no idea.   The show has always been crap,  I said it again.   Peter Bergman is one of the worst actors on daytime.   You can file that away too in your shock file.   

• Members

We get it. You hate Y&R. Sadly, I doubt anyone cares at this point as the show wasn't meant for everyone to understand or like.

However, you referring to Jeanne Cooper as "whatshername" is disrespectful on so many levels. I'm sure is someone was to refer to Anna Lee or Leslie Charleston as such you wouldn't be too happy. 

• Members

FWIW, Jeanne Cooper died in 2013, not last year.

Anyway, back on topic:

She may not be perfect, but if ABC were smart (LOL), Liz Korte would be the best choice to be the next HW. She may have a Carly obsession, but the show has a chance of being at least somewhat coherent again if they let her take the reins. 

Archived