Lethal Weapon: Discussion Thread

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have to preface what I'm about to say by admitting that I've never seen the TV adaptation. 

Having said that, if half of what Wayans is saying is true, why on earth would the producers put up with that type of behavior?! Especially in this day and age, in the era of #MeToo and anti-bullying campaigns being so pervasive? 

This makes me wonder about the longevity of any show with those types of toxic BTS machinations.  It'll be interesting if it all goes away with a casting change or are there deeply embedded problems that will manifest in a different aspect?

• Members

I think shows will put up with a lot for 'complicated men'.

I don't think anyone involved, Wayans included, is looking good here. But if Crawford was really uninsurable and slugged Lance Henriksen - forget it.

• Members

I never watched this show but it's disturbing to see how invested people are in Crawford to the point of hurling so much abuse at Damon Wayans and at the show on social media and various websites. I feel like fandoms have gotten more and more out of control.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I know the show does well in some other countries but I think canceling this over some of their low-rated shows that don't really have such ugliness behind the scenes is a mistake. 

Seeing Crawford's fans defend him even after berating children tells you just how toxic stan culture is.

• Members

Dear. God.

If I had to stop reading the article about halfway through, because there was too much intense BTS drama for my mind to process, then I can't imagine how it must've felt for any cast or crew members who've had to live through it these past two seasons.

I'm with you, Vee: perhaps FOX should have simply cancelled the series instead.  For one thing, LW isn't performing all that well in the ratings -- and although I know Seann William Scott has his fans, both here and elsewhere, I doubt his addition will help that.  Second, I actually believe firing and replacing all the "team Clayne" crew members will end up creating an even MORE toxic on-set atmosphere in the end.

True, Clayne's gone and so are the ones who sided with him.  However, you still can't get the one actor who remains (Wayans) to quit bitching about everything and take a more pro-active role on the set (less passive-aggressive comments, participating in table reads, less aggravating demands, etc).  That [!@#$%^&*] always trickles down to the rest of the production, including to everyone who's now hired on to replace the pro-Clayne people.

Frankly, under those circumstances, I fail to understand why FOX would renew this show for another season.

Also, is it just me, or does anybody else who's read the article get the impression that Matthew Miller is an inadequate show runner?  I don't know, but I can't shake the feeling that a lot of this mess could have been shut down a lot sooner and a lot more efficiently had he taken a firmer hand.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I think Wayans is actually diabetic which would explain the food. But the killer quote about him is at the end of the article. They both sound like huge issues, but Crawford definitely had to go. I'd just scrap it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...