WGA 2016 Award Goes To....

• Members

Only 2 soaps were nominated….LOL….the awards ceremony looks so cheap just like the actual winner….LOL….so B&B didnt win for the Maya transgender story?? Call me surprised…NOT…it was pure trash…glad Bradley didnt get awarded for it….now RC…wow…talk about acting like a child. That speech was pure spit.. 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Geary has also said they've never had a real conversation. At least one of them is lying. I tend to think it's Geary in this instance because he was super-cranky about Ron's plans for redeeming Luke and reuniting Luke and Laura (dating back to his improvising Luke hitting the sauce again even after they wrote his alcoholism out), but RC also isn't known for being fully truthful where his ego is concerned. There's really no one to root for here IMO except Genie Francis.

As for the anniversary episode I think it was pretty good, divorced from the actual storyline. That's why it got an award. The storyline itself - and most of RC's last several years at GH - have been a debacle, and he was fired for more than justifiable cause. You can't cheer a writer as still having it if the larger context is a disaster area and the nominated episode is a one-off special event/flashback. But JFP does that too.

Archived