HBO: Westworld

• Members

Masterpiece is a pretty damn good description. I'm just watching on Amazon. Signed up for a 30 day free HBO subscription (really dumb to allow folks to stream new stuff for free) because I've heard so much about the show. 

Kind of slow but then it all really came together in eppy six. Almost gave up a few times. Thandie Newton is spectacular!  

Poor Bernard. That was quite a twist! On eppy 8 now and I'm so anxious for the finale. The show was picked up for S2. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Damn! Thandie Newton has been doing such amazing work as Maeve. The episode in which she learns everything, especially that sequence where she walks around with the tech guy and witnesses the hosts just like her used, created, and discarded like things, was haunting. Loved her blackmailing the two techs and saying they're going to have some fun. 

And, of course, her heartbreaking reaction to knowing that Clementine will never experience her dreams and deciding to escape the park.

But, then, the show twists again with the major revelation that Bernard is a host! Such a great twist, and you can totally see it when you look back (his somewhat emotionless affect, the backstory with his son that is so much like a host backstory that it was so painfully obvious, and YET). That ending with Theresa's murder was superb. 

I have to admit, I was a little bored with Dolores and William.

MAN did this show, which was already good, take off!

Edited by YRBB

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Anybody watched the Season 2 premiere?

It gave me all the tense action/answers I wanted and set up a ton of new stuff for the future.

Interesting how you spend the first season feeling so empathetic towards the hosts but then season 2 begins and they are just as mercilessly murderous as the guests. It's kind of shocking seeing Dolores like this. Maeve is more awesome than ever. Loved her making Lee undress completely, the same way the hosts were always forced to.

What are the hosts up to? The door? The tiger (shades of LOST, in a good way)? Really fantastic stuff.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

Doing a re-watch to get me ready for Season 3.

Season 1 has held up oh so well. Watching it now...knowing what happens (not to mention season 2)...and it still hooks you and you go on that mental journey. Looking for clues, picking up hints.

And yay for Maeve's posse!!! I loved it coming together in Season 1 anew. 

• Members

Y'all have inspired me to finally continue my watching. After seeing the first 3 episodes of Season 2 back in 2018, I paused watching until now. Naturally, the first episodes back were very exciting. Hopefully Season 2 can redeem itself.

• Members

@YRBB yaaaay!!! I'm not alone!!!

Please register in order to view this content

And I see your avatar...I take it you FINALLY got around to watching Season 2 as well to see the baddest bitca there is?  

Season 2's second half has awesome moment after awesome moment after awesome moment from what I remember the first time around. I hate YT took them down.  And don't forget to watch through the credits at the end of the finale.   It is going to be interesting re-watching for sure. All yesterday Season 1 was on my mind at work. Just Mmmmm...my writer self just keep sparking out ideas.

@Gray Bunny awwww  I was looking forward to the dystopian feel from the promos I've seen ahead of Season 3 so that's worrying. But I am bias as a dystopian writer and lover of dystopian books. 

• Members

I am HERE for sexy bad boy James Marsden. SO hot.

You are not! LOL I'm on Season 4 now. Katherine, right? lol

Yes, really thrilled with Season 2 so far. Once it clicked, it was phenomenal. And thanks for the heads up about the finale. I'm one of those people who watch the credits anyway but good to know just in case lol