HBO: Westworld

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I just watched the episode almost entirely dedicated to Akecheta. What a MARVEL. I LOVE how they clearly were using Native American stereotypes in the park and this episode went out of its way to show you how wrong it all was. Beautiful.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

While I liked it so much more this time around, other than the character development (and plot development with Maeve's abilities), Shogun World still felt like a distraction. A shorter one this time. lol.

It still amazes me how much Dolores is a great villain, but that could be down to how well ERW is in the role because I was into her self discovery in Season 1. And that felt more linear than how she is this season.

This is making me love Maeve even more. 

Still not liking how much of a major player Felix was last season and he's just a day player.

• Members

Oh my God, the layers.

How did I not see this the first time around? Now that scene a few episodes back between Dolores and Bernard makes sense. She and Ford created him.

Maeve's payback on the Man in Black was soooo much better the second time back. Shame it got interrupted.

And hmmm like I said the first time...Ford appearing just sets so much in motion...things falling into place...plans within plans...

ETA: Dolores vs Hale is still perfect. Still gives me chills and Tessa Thompson and Evan Rachel Wood have really great adversary chemistry. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

I loved Shogun World!

I did, I'm officially caught up.

I'm finding it hard to decide where I stand with Season 3. The show changed SO much. I can roll with that. But, overall, I think it was a disappointment. It didn't quite click for me and I think a lot of climactic stuff was sort off a let down. Still, I'll be watching.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

You all are making nervous.

I haven't started Season 3 yet except for the first few minutes and I liked it. But like I said earlier...perhaps I will feel different due to my writing leanings. Then again, I did not like Season 2 as much as Season 1 the first time around. The second time around...it holds up much, much better.

And that reveal with Dolores in the S2 finale still holds up great.

• Members

I will say this: The first half of Season 3 worked better for me than the second half. But you are very right: Once I came back to the show, I felt very different about Season 2, so maybe Season 3 needs a rewatch down the line. 

• Members

Hahaha so the opposite of the first two seasons where they had slow starts and then burned all the way through. Not sure how I feel about that. But it probably will be a rewatch for me as well.

Please register in order to view this content

• 2 weeks later...